Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a sneaking suspicion that all US Tesla owners were invited to configure today. You might not have received an email invitation, but the link in your account should be active. Can anyone prove me wrong?

I'm a GA owner who reserved 4/2017 and I still haven't received an invite. My delivery window is Dec - Feb and I am still unable to configure through MyTesla account. Waiting patiently.

• Informative
Reactions: Rusty1
I have a sneaking suspicion that all US Tesla owners were invited to configure today. You might not have received an email invitation, but the link in your account should be active. Can anyone prove me wrong?

180,000 people reserved the first day possible. That's roughly a third of the currently estimated total.

I am not a Tesla employee or a Model S or X owner. I reserved that first morning at a Tesla store in Illinois. However, on the website I marked that I would wait for all-wheel-drive, and understandably have not yet received an invitation to configure either by email or on the website.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: T34ME
I feel that the world is spinning a little faster, Injustice, on the wane... world peace within reach.... Everything is better today—I got my invitation to configure.

I’m a current MS owner, I live in TX and submitted my reservation, on-line, on the day of the reveal. Am I the only person in flyover county that has configured?

Nope. I configured last night!

Reactions: KJD
What’s with ‘no email’ but I got to configure?

There are most likely thousands out there that have never checked their Tesla Account let alone daily. Have those that configured without an email subsequently received one?

I configured on Dec 22 without getting an email. I never got the original email (although I got one confirming my configuration). In previous waves there were only a few people that didn't seem to get emails, whereas this time it seems like it's everybody. Hopefully they'll realize the mistake and send emails to all the people who haven't yet configured.

• Informative
Reactions: Rusty1 and 03DSG
Day 1 reservation. Colorado owner and I can now configure. No email. Waiting for AWD.
Hi MorrisonHiker-Congrats! It looks like we are on similar timelines here in Colorado as I also just found that I am able to configure on website. I’m on the fence about waiting for AWD. Do you think we will still get our cars in time for the full tax credit if we wait for AWD delivery in CO? Just looking for an educated guess.

Hi MorrisonHiker-Congrats! It looks like we are on similar timelines here in Colorado as I also just found that I am able to configure on website. I’m on the fence about waiting for AWD. Do you think we will still get our cars in time for the full tax credit if we wait for AWD delivery in CO? Just looking for an educated guess.
I think so. Tesla hasn't hit the 200,000 sales cap in the US yet. Once they do, there's still up to 6 months at the full tax credit. Then it gets cut in half (and then cut in half again). I expect/hope they will start delivering AWD within 4 to 6 months and since they haven't reached the cap yet, they should have the full tax credit for most (if not all) of 2018.

I just talked to a Customer Service Rep to make sure my order was in the owner pool. She checked my reservation and I am in the owner pool. She stated that I should expect my invite very very soon because they are now working on the Dec - Feb pool and I will definitely receive my car before the end of Feb "if all goes as planned and there are no delays." She said that everything was going smooth regarding production and if anything changed they would notify everyone.

Hopefully I receive my invite soon but I can never 100% trust the customer service reps.

I just talked to a Customer Service Rep to make sure my order was in the owner pool. She checked my reservation and I am in the owner pool. She stated that I should expect my invite very very soon because they are now working on the Dec - Feb pool and I will definitely receive my car before the end of Feb "if all goes as planned and there are no delays." She said that everything was going smooth regarding production and if anything changed they would notify everyone.

Hopefully I receive my invite soon but I can never 100% trust the customer service reps.

Well I hope they don’t think the Nov-Jan pool is complete yet!!!!