Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you still don't understand my question... Did your reservation in your name with no previous Tesla being owned allow you to configure/order now? If so, you may be the first non-employee/non-owner who got invited to order.

Your message didn't make it clear if your reservation or your brother's reservation is ready to configure.

Was the "Invite to design" on your Mytesla account, or your brother's?

Reactions: BrianD
I think you still don't understand my question... Did your reservation in your name with no previous Tesla being owned allow you to configure/order now? If so, you may be the first non-employee/non-owner who got invited to order.

Your message didn't make it clear if your reservation or your brother's reservation is ready to configure.

Was the "Invite to design" on your Mytesla account, or your brother's?

Sorry...it is on my brothers account that is ready to configure. Thought I made it clear that my own line waiting account is not ready.

Sorry...it is on my brothers account that is ready to configure. Thought I made it clear that my own line waiting account is not ready.

Definitely was not clear.... regarding your question, I think you should wait for SR and get it how you want as long as the full tax credit is in play. If it's at risk of dropping by the time you take delivery, then you may want to get the "discounted" LR and be happy with the premium upgrades.

Reactions: bhzmark and AZatul
Are there any other US owners on here who reserved 1st day and still not able to configure?

I reserved online pre-reveal (within 2 minutes of site opening) and have owned an X since July 2016. I’m in TX. I just checked site again and still not able to configure. Delivery Estimator dates show further out than what I’ve seen from other owners who reserved 1st day as well:

First Production: Jan - Mar 2018
Standard Battery: Early 2018
Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive: Oct - Dec 2018

There was a problem with my reservation early on but I thought it was all resolved. That is mainly why I am asking - trying to see if there may still be an issue.

As an owner with a first day reservation, your First Production estimate should have been Nov-Jan. Since it wasn't I'd guess that you haven't gotten owner credit.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX and BrianD
As an owner with a first day reservation, your First Production estimate should have been Nov-Jan. Since it wasn't I'd guess that you haven't gotten owner credit.
I agree there probably is an issue. Once I started seeing data flowing in, I realized that they had applied my ownership status to my second reservation, not the one I made on day 1. I called it in and this fixed it--which enabled me to get my car this week. I would check again.

Reactions: Xenius
I agree there probably is an issue. Once I started seeing data flowing in, I realized that they had applied my ownership status to my second reservation, not the one I made on day 1. I called it in and this fixed it--which enabled me to get my car this week. I would check again.

I just called and was fortunate to get someone who seemed really squared away. He was able to see the difference between what their portal was showing for me vs their back-end system.

The shortest way I can describe it is that I reserved under a different email (typing too fast), later made a request to move it to my normal e-mail w/existing X, they accidentally moved some other 'Brian's' reservation, and lots of back and forth later they thought they sorted it all out. Apparently not. That 'other Brian's' reservation apparently got my owner status and it stuck with it and has been invited to configure while the one they left with me did not. What a mess and it was at least partially self-inflicted.

Fingers crossed they can sort it out. But hey, there may be some 'other Brian' on here any minute posting that he was the first non-owner to be able to configure and make his day;)

• Funny
Reactions: ccutrer
I just called and was fortunate to get someone who seemed really squared away. He was able to see the difference between what their portal was showing for me vs their back-end system.

The shortest way I can describe it is that I reserved under a different email (typing too fast), later made a request to move it to my normal e-mail w/existing X, they accidentally moved some other 'Brian's' reservation, and lots of back and forth later they thought they sorted it all out. Apparently not. That 'other Brian's' reservation apparently got my owner status and it stuck with it and has been invited to configure while the one they left with me did not. What a mess and it was at least partially self-inflicted.

Fingers crossed they can sort it out. But hey, there may be some 'other Brian' on here any minute posting that he was the first non-owner to be able to configure and make his day;)
It took them a week to fix my issue. But once fixed, invite came in the following round.

• Informative
Reactions: BrianD and PoitNarf
It does not matter anymore. Anyone can order. 1st day.....- 100 day reservationists.
Tesla Model 3 now available beyond first-day reservation holders – check your account

Caveat to "anyone can order":
With this said, it appears to still be limited to current Tesla owners.

You got my hopes up there, but I cannot order yet...

Please say "any Tesla owner can order"...
When you say "anyone can order" you make the rest of us feel like nobodies :(

Reactions: Rusty1
Configure is not the only part - you need to get a VIN and a delivery estimate. I configured on 17th, still no VIN assignment. I suspect they had more people confirm once they moved beyond California. How long did you guys wait until you got your VIN?