Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla owner configurations begin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current owner.
No email, but I check MyTesla delivery estimator daily. I can configure as of yesterday.(3-6 week delivery) Would like to hold out for dual motor. Concerned about Federal Tax Credit & Washington State $3,200 sales tax exemption if I wait. (Late 2018)

3FE62B5E-4A7C-44E4-B663-CF97EECC1192.png

834EBA24-8806-4038-A2E5-306841E42E8A.jpeg

Many seem to be wondering whether all or virtually all Model S/X/Roadster owners with Model 3 reservations have been invited to configure.

To help answer that question, if you are an existing owner with a 3 reservation (or have already ordered/received your car), please vote in this poll:

Flash Poll for US Owners: Can you configure your Model 3?

Simpler than a poll: Is there anybody out there who believes that have owner priority on a reservation but isn't able to configure it? Speak up. Since the invites a few days ago and with all the speculation I haven't seen anybody post that this is the case.

Simpler than a poll: Is there anybody out there who believes that have owner priority on a reservation but isn't able to configure it? Speak up. Since the invites a few days ago and with all the speculation I haven't seen anybody post that this is the case.

Simple is good -- I thought a poll would be useful to get a rough sense of how many owners had not yet been invited but so far no US S/X/Roadster owner has shown up to say they aren't able to configure. Flash Poll for US Owners: Can you configure your Model 3?

Seems promising for a big batch of non-owner invites on the next round ....

Reactions: EinSV
Have a long car trip planned starting 3-8-18. Plans made back in 2017 when I thought I would have my Model 3 by now. We have an ICE car that can do the trip as a backup. There was that one time that Tesla did a one week turnaround between invites. Tomorrow is one week since the last batch rolled out. And many have been speculating that the next batch will be for non-owners. If I got my invite on 2-21, it would 14 days until the 7th. I could fly up to Fremont and take delivery the day before the trip starts. Thats a lot of stars aligning, but hope springs eternal. :)

Are you listening to the words that are coming out of my mouth Elon???

RT

P.S. And I even dreamed last night that they let me order a Brown one too...

So is the current order as follows with priority to existing owners?
LR RWD - 3-6 wks
LR AWD - 2Q-3Q2018
SR & SR AWD end of 2018/ early 2019
*With the exception of the first, the rest of course in "Elon time"?

Last edited:
Quick question. If I reserved a Tesla Model 3 today as a current owner, when do you guys think I could get it? My brothers wife just totalled her car

Based on what we’ve seen so far I’m sure most here (including myself) would assume that as a current owner you would get in on the next wave of invites if you placed a reservation now.

Quick question. If I reserved a Tesla Model 3 today as a current owner, when do you guys think I could get it? My brothers wife just totalled her car

Your chances of getting an invite is high. I have seen posts of owners getting an invite within a week of submitting a reservation. Good Luck. Keep in mind that if you choose a Non popular color with upgraded sport wheels might increase your chances of getting that VIN even sooner. Some of us are still waitng for vins for pearl white and the stock 18" wheels. Besides your reservation payment is refundable so what do you really have to loose ....