Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners Club of Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Guidelines

View attachment Tesla Owners Clubs Program Guidelines.pdf

- - - Updated - - -

For all Alberta Tesla Owners wanting to be put on the member list please feel free to start emailing me at [email protected]. In your submission please provide your TMC handle, car details, City and contact email. For those interested in taking a formal in the club dont hesitate to mention it.

Thanks beeerock JGdixon for clarification, once we get to that stage we will be in touch.
For anyone who has already contacted me there is obviously no need to do this.

If teslaownersclub.ca has been registered by jgdixon, that means he already has control of alberta.teslaownersclub.ca and any other prefix that might be used. He will have to add DNS records to point to other provincial or local clubs using prefixes and presumably, the local chapters will look after their own sites.
I think we need to make beeeerock an honorary Albertan with membership in both Alberta and BC clubs on account that he spends so much time on the Alberta forum :).

Looking forward to being a member or what could be a long, historic club in Alberta. Imagine 30-40 years from now, where will Tesla be? What models will be out? Will Tesla survive? (had to say it... this could go the way of the MGB club one day but hopefully Tesla is wildly successful and we are part of an amazing group of "original" owners).

I think we need to make beeeerock an honorary Albertan with membership in both Alberta and BC clubs on account that he spends so much time on the Alberta forum :).
Ha ha, thanks! I have yet to stumble on a BC forum thread, so Alberta is the closest thing to 'home' for me. And realistically, where I live probably has more in common with Alberta in general than to Vancouver, where most of the BC owners live.

However, it does beg the question - where are all the BC owners and why no apparent interest in group activities such as you guys arrange, and the guys in Ontario?

This is even more relevant now that the whole 'club' thing is being formalized. I guess it's time for a new thread with 'BC' in the title...

My suggestion would be to keep the regular banter in the Tesla owners of Alberta thread and this thread, the Alberta Tesla O.C., should focus on club establishment, development and meetups/events specific to the Club.

Last edited:
Ha ha, thanks! I have yet to stumble on a BC forum thread, so Alberta is the closest thing to 'home' for me. And realistically, where I live probably has more in common with Alberta in general than to Vancouver, where most of the BC owners live.

However, it does beg the question - where are all the BC owners and why no apparent interest in group activities such as you guys arrange, and the guys in Ontario?

This is even more relevant now that the whole 'club' thing is being formalized. I guess it's time for a new thread with 'BC' in the title...
I sent the club info to Paul Carter as well.

-

My suggestion would be to keep the regular banter in the Tesla owners of Alberta thread and this thread, the Alberta Tesla O.C., should focus on club establishment, development and meetups/events specific to the Club.

I have a proposal for club establishment. Instead of calling our founder "president", along the lines of the wine club from Frasier that had a Corkmaster, we could call Greg "Chargemaster".

... although we'll need someone to write the lyrics for his theme song: Corkmaster - YouTube

Congratulations!!! It great to hear more people in Alberta still buying Tesla's in our soft economy.
What soft economy...? Oil barely plays a part in our economy - never has! (ducks and hides) - Just kidding of course. Alberta is finally getting hit where it hurts - during the last "Global Economic Crisis" in 2007-2009 Alberta remained relatively unscathed although a little smarter because of the scare of a global meltdown. This time it's almost the opposite - the rest of North America is doing relatively well and we are so reliant on oil/gas that it is impacting us much more than the last cycle. I'm in real estate and I see prices 10-15% below last years levels where areas like Fort MacMurray are seeing double those numbers. I suspect there will be homes there selling for 1/2 what they would have last year. 2016 isn't going to be any better by the looks of things.

Combine this with the exchange rate and it does make it harder for most Albertans to buy a new Tesla - so sales will be slower but it's such a great vehicle I suspect many will still bite the bullet and go for it.

Happy to have purchased when I did...

- - - Updated - - -

In speaking to Paul Carter he mentioned that most of the BC Tesla owners are on the BCEV forum (not sure the exact name) and not on TMC. May want to message him directly and get the info as they are quite active over there.

In speaking to Paul Carter he mentioned that most of the BC Tesla owners are on the BCEV forum (not sure the exact name) and not on TMC. May want to message him directly and get the info as they are quite active over there.
You're probably referring to the VEVA (Vancouver Electric Vehicle Association) as I recall Paul being quite active with that group. However, as the name suggests, it's not a Tesla-specific group. And I don't think there is an associated forum... it's more a site to support and advertise the association. Looking at it just now, it's had a refresh since I was last there and looks much better, but still appears to serve the same purpose - no forum link is apparent.

I'd still like to see a Tesla Owners group in BC... however it may be that the demographics associated with a Tesla purchase (at least in Vancouver) isn't conducive to forming a club. Dunno....

So when are we registered with Tesla and get our own logo? We should organize our first "official" meet. I'm available Sunday, Dec. 20th or between Christmas and New Years. If it's cold we can meet in a parkade somewhere - Chinook seemed pretty good or downtown on a weekend when it isn't busy and we can all park together.

So when are we registered with Tesla and get our own logo? We should organize our first "official" meet. I'm available Sunday, Dec. 20th or between Christmas and New Years. If it's cold we can meet in a parkade somewhere - Chinook seemed pretty good or downtown on a weekend when it isn't busy and we can all park together.

The 20th might work for myself... but technically I'm supposed to be 'on vacation' with the Mrs. in Lake Louis, so I'm not sure how kindly she would take to me/us headed to Calgary for the meet up.
Jan 1st (Friday) or 2nd (Saturday) may work better.

I am good to get together the 20th or the 1st. i dont mind going for a drive, if the weather allows Canmore will be my suggestion.

I'm with Green1, stay away from any malls until the new year. parking is a pain in the B** currently.

Did anyone go to the "Behind the Scenes" event at the Calgary store last night? I was there today and was told about it. Also had a chance to see five Model S demo units in the underground lot. White, Red, Blue, Titanium Metallic, and a Midnight Silver.

IMG_4294.JPG

Did anyone go to the "Behind the Scenes" event at the Calgary store last night? I was there today and was told about it. Also had a chance to see five Model S demo units in the underground lot. White, Red, Blue, Titanium Metallic, and a Midnight Silver.

They also have, or at least had, a pearl white demo unit. They didn't have a midnight silver one when I was ordering my car.

Just reviewing the paperwork to send to Tesla. Will post here as soon as. 20th might be doable to go somewhere. For the new year we should ultimately try to have an actual meeting somewhere to kick things off. Any ideas on an appropriate venue welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

I got an invite to the behind the scenes event. I also posted a topic about it on here almost a week ago but it got zero replies. I wanted to check it out, but I had to take care of our 7 month old daughter while my wife was out at a different event.
I was there. I brought a friend who might one day be an owner. At some point all the other owners seemed to have ditched so I ended up talking to a few people about the car - one link handed out but I don't think any sales are imminent.

I was wondering a bit about it. Seemed more of a sales thing for prospective buyers then a thing for existing owners?
Yes, it was a sales event focused on showcasing Autopilot to owners who don't have it and new prospective clients. I was called by Tesla and given the choice to go or not and chose not to go to allow them to focus on buyers.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 103936
I did go for dinner before the event with @ggenge and @in2oil which was great. Fun to park among all the other Teslas in the parking garage - they have a demo "new blue" P90D - they said eventually they will have Tesla branded parking with HPWC but for now the staff is driving the cars to local hotels to recharge overnight! Some are even going to the Hyatt downtown.

- - - Updated - - -

@gpetti, When the ATOC is organized, will there be an official registration process where we can supply our email to be notified of events that way? Maybe you can share some insight into what the "official" process will be once you have that info from Tesla? Thanks!