Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! 9 Teslas and one point 10! Great turnout with even 2 roadsters. Some photos below:
Canmore Apr 19-1.jpg
IMG_1656.JPG
1629.jpg
1647.jpg

Edit: You may spot Footbag's drone in the last photo!

Last edited:
He should name that drone "Waldo". It shows up in a few pics of mine too and I can spot it in at least one other of yours.

Yikes, sorry about that guys, so on top of kicking up a bit of a dust storm, and sounding like an angry swarm of bees, I also need to be astutely aware about the potential of impacting others photos. My focus was on trying to get some decent shots and video, and primarily not to crash... with all of those cars, odds are a fall out of the sky would have been... undesirable.

The name is absolutely fitting.

Yikes, sorry about that guys, so on top of kicking up a bit of a dust storm, and sounding like an angry swarm of bees, I also need to be astutely aware about the potential of impacting others photos. My focus was on trying to get some decent shots and video, and primarily not to crash... with all of those cars, odds are a fall out of the sky would have been... undesirable.

JUst to be clear, I wasn't criticizing Waldo! There is nothing I can think of that would fit better with a crowd of Teslas than a hovering drone! It is very cool and the footage even cooler. I can see one in my future.

Wide Angle Long Duration Orbiter?

So any recommendations for a wax to use on Xpel Ultimate?
I can tell you that refine auto suggests: RejeX: Nothing Sticks but the Shine!
i think any similar product will probably do the same. in2oil has a product he applied to my car ( and presumably 3s) he can tell you about that seems to enhance the shine and water resistance. Not sure if that would be applied regularly or not.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]RejeX is a thin-film polymer coating, used instead of wax or polish,​
to provide the ultimate, durable high-gloss protective finish for vehicles of all types.[/FONT]​
Entirely synthetic, RejeX's protective characteristics far exceed those of traditional wax products. It highly resistant to chemicals, detergents, acids and UV, which deteriorate paint over time.​

@footbag, I thought you might have posted some drone video on youtube but all I found was this :biggrin:
Footbag video

So any recommendations for a wax to use on Xpel Ultimate?

I found that for the best luster and protection, I use Chemical guys's Jet Seal, It is super Hydrophobic, very easy to apply and the final product is just insane. The protection will last for 12months, yet I would recommend waxing your car as often as you can in the summer months. This Sealer is so easy to apply and polish, you can do the whole car in 30minutes. believe me, it's perfect for the Xpel or 3m. Since These products (Xpel, 3M) are quite porous, this sealer works like magic. If you are in the Calgary area, I buy this product at Carzilla.ca.. they are in the northeast. Great little shop and their prices are excellent.

- - - Updated - - -

It sure did turn out really nice.. It was fun as well..

Huge thanks to in2oil for the detailing lesson today - this guy knows his stuff! My car never looked better. :cool:
View attachment 78779View attachment 78780View attachment 78781

I found that for the best luster and protection, I use Chemical guys's Jet Seal, It is super Hydrophobic, very easy to apply and the final product is just insane. The protection will last for 12months, yet I would recommend waxing your car as often as you can in the summer months. This Sealer is so easy to apply and polish, you can do the whole car in 30minutes. believe me, it's perfect for the Xpel or 3m. Since These products (Xpel, 3M) are quite porous, this sealer works like magic. If you are in the Calgary area, I buy this product at Carzilla.ca.. they are in the northeast. Great little shop and their prices are excellent.
Speaking to the local Xpel installer, he told me that there are two levels of Xpel and that the Ultimate incorporates a clear coat (?). You mentioned it being porous, so I'm wondering about the clear coat comment now. 'Ultimate' is worth it in your opinion?

I was going to do the front end, front fenders and hood. Opinion was not to bother with the doors... but I wonder if they'd be protected from the parking lot rub marks (although not dents)? There must be a point where the return on the investment diminishes?

Sorry to hijack, just wanted to leverage some expertise! :smile:

@footbag, I thought you might have posted some drone video on youtube but all I found was this :biggrin:
Footbag video

:) Just busy at work this week... all i've had time to do is a quick review of the footage, and I think it will lend itself well to a compiled video, maybe this weekend. In the meantime:

(since you brought it up)... here is a footbag video I filmed (note: it has my old ICE... I wish I had the Tesla in time, would have been a larger part of the video).
Here is the video from last time that GPetti referred to.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to raise awareness for this event, I am crossposting this from the Electric Vehicle Assn. of Alberta (EVAA) Facebook page:
Hard to believe it but almost a year ago since EVAA was founded on April 22, 2014 (Earth Day)! We have grown to nearly 300 members, the majority of which are in Edmonton and Calgary so let's get together for an inaugural province wide meetup at the Red Deer Superchargers next Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 12 PM, drinks and lunch at nearby R&R Grill at 1 PM. Great opportunity to meet fellow enthusiasts, owners, and some EVs of course. Andrew Bell, Head of Edmonton Chapter will be in attendance as will I (under my real name Maciej Bialy) as EVAA Founder/President/Head of Calgary Chapter.

I'll be going, likely grabbing more Waldo footage :). A few Tesla owners who either are not on here or not very active also look to be attending.

Speaking to the local Xpel installer, he told me that there are two levels of Xpel and that the Ultimate incorporates a clear coat (?). You mentioned it being porous, so I'm wondering about the clear coat comment now. 'Ultimate' is worth it in your opinion?

I was going to do the front end, front fenders and hood. Opinion was not to bother with the doors... but I wonder if they'd be protected from the parking lot rub marks (although not dents)? There must be a point where the return on the investment diminishes?

Sorry to hijack, just wanted to leverage some expertise! :smile:

beeeerock.. Glad you asked. First, the product regardless with or without clear coast will be porous. A good sealer is a must. Wrapping a TESLA full is not cheap, yet it will save you in the long term. I don't have to worry about minor scratches or scruffs and if anything happens, I can always replace the Xpel. If you wish not to do the hole car, I would recommend the small piece of paint in front/rear of the Rear tires, and on top of the rear bumper where the hatch meets the bumper. You know when you unload a heavy luggage of something and it scratches your paint.

The most economical sealer is from Chemical guys, not very expensive and give off a very nice shine. It does last for a long time and the hydrophobic properties is pretty cool and help keeping your car clean, where dirt and dust appears to cling a little less.

beeeerock.. Glad you asked. First, the product regardless with or without clear coast will be porous. A good sealer is a must. Wrapping a TESLA full is not cheap, yet it will save you in the long term. I don't have to worry about minor scratches or scruffs and if anything happens, I can always replace the Xpel. If you wish not to do the hole car, I would recommend the small piece of paint in front/rear of the Rear tires, and on top of the rear bumper where the hatch meets the bumper. You know when you unload a heavy luggage of something and it scratches your paint.

The most economical sealer is from Chemical guys, not very expensive and give off a very nice shine. It does last for a long time and the hydrophobic properties is pretty cool and help keeping your car clean, where dirt and dust appears to cling a little less.
Thanks, good to know!

When you describe the rear wheel area, are you suggesting a patch or strip be placed on the leading and trailing fender flare surfaces? A bit like putting a piece on the leading face of a dualie truck flare? Edges would be visible, but that's the tradeoff short of doing the whole rear quarter panel?

Yeah, the luggage lift-over area is a good call. I've been very careful with that area on my cars, but others in the family... well, not so much... :redface:

So then I guess it comes down to whether the doors are worth doing or not. By the time you do them, you've pretty much done the full wrap! But I have to say that door scratches and vertical rubs really annoy me - perhaps more than chips on the front. Question then becomes whether the Xpel protects adequately against that sort of damage, or if it's going to occur anyway and go right through. A hard enough hit is going to dent, whether the paint is damaged or not - with or without Xpel.