Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Waiting for pothole repairs before I switch. Lost 2 tires and one 21" rim the first year I had the car.
I was just in Edmonton this weekend - man there are a lot of pot holes! I don't find nearly as many in Calgary.

I had the same thought yesterday... my summer wheels are going on this weekend. If it snows I'll use my wife's SUV for the day or two until it all melts. :)

Vancouver Meet the X
upload_2016-3-14_16-34-5.png
upload_2016-3-14_16-34-50.png

SMSMD, Looks like you were at the event this afternoon. My wife and I were there this morning. Fairly busy and very friendly staff. Relatively short drive but got a good feel from the X.And the weather was better than expected

I was there Sunday morning. I am glad I did it. Nothing like seeing on your own and assessing your requirements.I spent quite some time on all the four vehicles going through my checklist. It had rained and was perfect to check out FWD

I exhibited the car at an Eco Fair @ Red Deer College this past weekend... getting it in and out of the building was... interesting :). It was a snug fit.

Fun to watch! Great music too. :)

Out of curiosity, did you mention or did anybody who saw the car mention the Superchargers in Red Deer? Local Superchargers are a selling feature, but I'm not sure if people know they're even there unless they go looking (i.e., have a Tesla already or are planning to).

P.S. The first time I tried to log in on the new site, it said I had the wrong password ... then I noticed there actually was a field for an email address too! :confused: Did anybody prefer the old pixellated emoticons that still conveyed so much? :(

Should have tried "Summon"...that would have really impressed them! ;)

I did... not when moving the car in or out, but at the event itself, summon was used by every little kid, and most of the adults that walked by. Kids LOVED the that they 'got to drive a real car' (albeit via an app). As they grow up, I hope they remember that the first car they got to 'drive' was an EV.

Fun to watch! Great music too. :)
Out of curiosity, did you mention or did anybody who saw the car mention the Superchargers in Red Deer? Local Superchargers are a selling feature, but I'm not sure if people know they're even there unless they go looking (i.e., have a Tesla already or are planning to).
The Red Deer supercharges came up often, some people knew of them, others did not. In the past, once the topic swung to price, people really got turned off. This time, since I could turn it back to the Model 3 / March 31 event, people were really excited that they could actually consider a Tesla (although eventually, the "$35k USD" became "$35k", just made it easier to keep the conversation flowing.)

Seems like the "duct-tape mouth" is less prominent and looks better on the darker cars IMO. There is a lot to like about the X but the price... if you thought the S was expensive!

Overall enjoyed Meet the Model X in Vancouver. Extremely good staff and perfectly organized. Went at 9am, only few people, so got a lot of time to see if the X meets my family’s requirements and inspect all my concerns.

1) Third row:
I sat in both the 7 (Midnight Silver) and 6 (Pearl white/ Silver) seat configurations The best configuration for the 3rd row is the 6-seater. You still have to swivel hips a bit and put one leg in the space between the gap in the 2nd row seats When the second row seats went all the way back, which is the safe mandatory drive position, knees get squeezed in both 6 & 7. Even for teen kids third row is only for short trip, max 1 hour. My current Mercedes has more third row leg space.It indeed is claustrophobic in a 7 seater.
I was trapped in the second row in the white Model x as the second row seat malfunctioned and did not move to the Tesla Rep, he tried it multiple times and was embarrassed, I tried it and held the button for some time, it eventually moved very slowly but with a loud screeching noise. I just got up and walked out through the space between the second row seats which was a nice emergency exit. Tried to copy Elon Musk as he did on the reveal of Model X to egress from the third row lost balance as there was nothing to hold on to like a grab bar, it was fun.
IMO: Excellent 4 seater, Good 6 seater (Swivel hips!!), not a 7 seater for me.

2) Wind noise: Evidently noticeable and loudish. May be in an ICE, the engine noise cancels it. The Tesla Rep. switched on the UHF sound system which was awesome.

3) FWD: Thank God it HAD rained on Saturday Morning. There were rain drops on the roof of the Red Model X. Once the FWD opened up water dripped on the second row seats, these are perforated seats, I was concerned, so was the Tesla Rep. I sat in the second row and moved over to the adjacent seat, I opened the FWD from inside to see what happens, my thigh got a bit wet, it was dripping from previously accumulated rain drops NOT pouring, I thought it was acceptable, have to be conscious when it rains or snows, I don’t know how it will affect the perforated seats as these get heated and ventilated. The FWD on passenger side only half opened, had to mind my head.
IMO: Second rows seats movement and FWD have their own mind. Not having a service center close by will be a nagging issue for me, if these issues are persistent in the Test Drive vehicles, which apparently were fixed, I really don’t know what to comment. Can’t Just suck it up after coughing out 170,000/=

4) Rear view: Good only in 6 seaters through RVU mirror. I took time to adjust to the smallish RVU mirror during the test drive. You can always use the HD back up camera especially in 7 seaters

Frunk and Trunk: Decent enough.

Accessory hitch: well hidden. The Tesla guy opened it for me.

Interacted with other families, Canadian pricing was a shocker to all including the Tesla Rep’s.

Test drive was the BEST PART, thoroughly enjoyed.