Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When you travel, do you bring your Tesla with you?

• Yes

• No

• Rent an EV

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a Tesla owner, when you travel:
  1. Do you bring your Tesla with you?
    1. If yes, do you look for a place to stay with EV charger?
  2. Do you want to bring your pet?
  3. What do you want the hotel to provide you as an amenity that you do not already get?
    1. ex: Car related movies, local coffee/tea brands, local EV related activities, natural foods, local gyms, etc... (what is important for you?)

For the most part, work requires I take a company vehicle. When given the option, I let HAL (Model Y) get some highway practice in.
This does impact my choices when choosing hotels. Anything with a charger gets preference, even when I'm in the company ICE.

The pets and livestock stay home.

As far as amenities, all I want are the basics and a charger. I travel enough for work that I just can't associate travel with fun.

I only own one car and it's a Tesla. I definitely search for places with EV charging for my hotel stays. In the past 14 months I've driven over 30,000 miles and stayed in more than 15 hotels/bed-and-breakfasts with EV charging of some kind. When road tripping departing from the overnight stay with a full charge certainly reduces stop time, and likely eliminates two whole charging stops. And it's usually "free" so that saves $20 or more in Supercharger stops.

Same as OzarkEV for me. I want a comfortable bed in a clean room. Gym, pool, breakfast, television, even free wifi, none of that seems particularly useful anymore. I arrive late, want to shower, go to bed, play on my phone for 15 minutes, wake up early, hit the road with a full charge.

The clean room and comfortable bed are critical. In order to achieve this I've found myself staying in nicer and nicer hotels, and occasionally bed and breakfasts.

Previously I had large dogs and they were rarely welcome at hotels so our options were limited. We currently don't have dogs and that hasn't been an issue. We hope to have a smallish dog in the next year and will be concerned with that again. Some amount of dog accommodations will be necessary again.

For the most part, work requires I take a company vehicle. When given the option, I let HAL (Model Y) get some highway practice in.
This does impact my choices when choosing hotels. Anything with a charger gets preference, even when I'm in the company ICE.

The pets and livestock stay home.

As far as amenities, all I want are the basics and a charger. I travel enough for work that I just can't associate travel with fun.

What about if you traveled to Austin, TX to visit the new GogaTexas factory when it's open? Would that be fun for you?

The word is they provide tours to Tesla owners!

Of course, unless I am traveling with a family.

@jbuenavides from NJ, if you get a chance there is a Man vs Good episode where he goes to eat Rippers (fried hot dogs) in Northern Jersey. Forgot the name of the place but I've been there. They are delicious and it's some little hole in the wall place.

Not sure if it made it through the pandemic but it's been there for years so optimistically will think it did.

rarely travel with my "babies"....but mainly due to parking....my babies are never left outside.....i always have a "trip" car (Volvo S60)....still great to drive, but not quite as babied as the Tesla, Porsche, etc..... :)
All of the car companies you write about also have EVs. Believe Porsche has a EV or Hybrid EV SUV and Volvo also makes one.

+/-97% of the auto marker is available to shift to EV! It's the future.

Believe Jay Leno made a comment about that in his YouTube video reviewing a Tesla.

All of the car companies you write about also have EVs. Believe Porsche has a EV or Hybrid EV SUV and Volvo also makes one.

+/-97% of the auto marker is available to shift to EV! It's the future.

Believe Jay Leno made a comment about that in his YouTube video reviewing a Tesla.
I agree completely…but don’t want to leave my expensive toys outdoors, unseen…..eventually I’ll get a base 3, or older S to travel with…