Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla P85D CPO for $51K

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I was local I would highly consider scooping. Just missing +suspension. Imagine if that
If EV-CPO doesn't have PUP checked but it has lighted handles, fogs, corning, power liftgate, then does that mean it's just missing the interior lighting?
I can't keep up with all the changes throughout the years.

(just for discussion)
Where does one think the bottom of P85DL+ will drop to out of warranty? I think mid 40s.

Based on build date 03/15, I believe this one does in fact have the + suspension.

What do you mean by out of warranty? The 2 year warranty or a private party out of warranty? It’s tough to say as private party is still above the CPO/ used prices. If your taking about the low for a CPO/ used p85dl+, it’s also tough to say as the supply is not nearly the same as a non L version.

It’s all dictated on supply and demand and the supply is much smaller than with the P85Ds as a whole.

A question I would ask if we are trying to figure out how low the CPO/used prices will drop to.

Does Tesla’s algorithym allow a car to drop below what they paid for it? Are they taking a loss?

The only point of reference I have is we know of a p85DL+ that the a TMC member traded in for $54k. It started at $68k and got as low as $56 I believe but was bouncing around that price before it sold.

I see a few P85Ds that got to $49k but seem to have stopped there and not continue to drop.

Nobody understands the algorithm but if had to guess, I am sure it builds in their cost somewhere.

(Sorry i didnt complete my sentence in previous post, imagine if that on for 52 now has Ludicrous easter egg!)

I don’t think early 2015 build date confirm +. There has been accounts of early 2015 builds without + setup.

I meant in the future after ANY warranties for P85DL+ Expire. At some point they stop depreciating because of the value of performance and a non produced model/options.

(Sorry i didnt complete my sentence in previous post, imagine if that on for 52 now has Ludicrous easter egg!)

I don’t think early 2015 build date confirm +. There has been accounts of early 2015 builds without + setup.

I meant in the future after ANY warranties for P85DL+ Expire. At some point they stop depreciating because of the value of performance and a non produced model/options.

Ahhhhh. Gotcha. Yeah if that $52k had Luda, that would be nice!

From what I’ve read and others have posted. April 15 and before has the + suspension, they made the change in May 15 to standard suspension.

Good point on the warranty. My guess is Tesla used will always add some sort of warranty, but private parties will be effected. Maybe why so many decide to trade in after warranty expires, the private party market for non warranty Tesla seems to scare off a lot of potential buyers. Especially
If they have a less expensive CPO/used option w warranty.

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid

How much worth of damage do you think that is and how long would it take to fix that damage?

Tesla could likely have fixed all this up for a very low amount given economy of scale and likely sell cars like this for a bit higher too as some customers might be scared of the prospect of buying a new to them car that needs to be promptly taken to a body shop.

Ahhhhh. Gotcha. Yeah if that $52k had Luda, that would be nice!

From what I’ve read and others have posted. April 15 and before has the + suspension, they made the change in May 15 to standard suspension.

Good point on the warranty. My guess is Tesla used will always add some sort of warranty, but private parties will be effected. Maybe why so many decide to trade in after warranty expires, the private party market for non warranty Tesla seems to scare off a lot of potential buyers. Especially
If they have a less expensive CPO/used option w warranty.

Absolutely! When there are options for cars with warranties why risk a car without a warranty.

Out of warranty car prices will probably be significantly affected until we have independent Tesla repair shops.

Without independent options, if something goes wrong, you have to pay whatever amount they quote as they have a monopoly on repairs and parts,.

Is $48,900 the new low for a p85d?

12A08687-E96E-43DF-9097-34591B848A62.png

• Informative
Reactions: PhilDavid
Perfectly reasonable as some are approaching 2 years.

P100Ds have been available for the 90s for a few months now.

P100Ds are currently depreciating about $2,000-$2,500 a month. By mid next year they will be in the 80s.

Also as AP2 gets better, P100Ds with AP1 will start seeing a steeper falloff in value compared to AP2 P100Ds.

Don't forget the refresh p90d's with many being luda in the 70's pretty much all colors!