Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla: Please Have Continuity Between Models When Disengaging AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just competed a 2000+ road trip in my new MS. Everything great but one really tiny thing made me a little crazy and fix seems super simple. On the S(and I think X) when you disengage AP(I know you can disengage by hitting brake but I much prefer the smoother transition of disengaging via stalk) you tap stalk down(twice). For whatever reason on the 3 you tap stalk up. After 50K AP miles on my old S I'm conditioned to tap down and it may take awhile before my brain(old) adapts to tapping up. Then, I may get another S and switching between cars with to different methods to disengage AP becomes kind of silly.

Solution: Change from tap up to tap down on Model 3(or change to tap up on S and X...of course I'd prefer tap dow as thats imbedded in my muscle memory).

What do you folks think?

Just competed a 2000+ road trip in my new MS. Everything great but one really tiny thing made me a little crazy and fix seems super simple. On the S(and I think X) when you disengage AP(I know you can disengage by hitting brake but I much prefer the smoother transition of disengaging via stalk) you tap stalk down(twice). For whatever reason on the 3 you tap stalk up. After 50K AP miles on my old S I'm conditioned to tap down and it may take awhile before my brain(old) adapts to tapping up. Then, I may get another S and switching between cars with to different methods to disengage AP becomes kind of silly.

Solution: Change from tap up to tap down on Model 3(or change to tap up on S and X...of course I'd prefer tap dow as thats imbedded in my muscle memory).

What do you folks think?
Note: I meant to say "in my new M3"(Model 3) not MS

While I agree with the sentiment, I would suggest that future models are much more likely to use the Model 3 EAP method. It is the newer design that isn't constrained by off the peg components.
It will be interesting to see what the interior refresh of S & X brings when they can leverage their new found logistical clout to customize everything they want. Model 3 is the precursor for the new Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: SDRick
Annoying but understandable.

However, there's one thing they can do and Tesla has talked about this earlier but not got around to do it - have driver profiles available across vehicles. You get a new vehicle and everything has to be set up all over again even items that are common across vehicles such as steering and autopilot preferences, favorite radio stations, etc.