Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla profile settings different across cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to distract from general gripes with price rises and USS removal..

Both my wife and I have M3 RWD and I've noticed something a bit odd the past few drives. When I get into her car all Tesla cloud profile settings come across nicely, except for the passenger wing mirror.

It points so far inward and down I can't see out of it even with leaning. If I change the setting to appropriately see out of the wing mirror, next time I get into my car the passenger wing mirror is looking out and up at the sky!

Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar, or suggestions on what the problem could be?

Sounds like the profile for the mirror wasn't set when the mirror glass wasn't mechanically centred on one of the cars and the profile has been adjusted to compensate.

Try physically moving the mirror glass into what feels like a central position for one car then adjust the profile from the second car. Get back in the first car and see if it's still offset.

Reactions: Ozboz7
Thanks all - didn't occur to me they'd have a proper calibration for it so my previous attempt of 'calibrating' involved just moving the mirror furthest up/down/L/R to see if that fixed anything

Will have a play with the calibration in service menu 👍

My problem with the profiles between our two cars is Sentry Mode. I have hers set to exclude home as it’s parked in the garage and mine is set to include home cuz I park in the driveway. When we rotate cars, it switches the two. Hers will include home and mine will exclude home.
Another annoying thing it affects our two separate Spotify accounts/playlists. But that’s for another time