Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla releases big, new software update with Disney+, Car Wash Mode, remain connected to wifi, and more - 2021.24.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My version of "everyone else" is just use one of the gazillion car washes where you drive in, stop the car and the wash machine washes everything then you drive out, hasn't been a problem for over two years without a car wash mode.
We don't have car washes where you stop the car in place. Here the car goes on a conveyor belt, you exit the car, and people hand wash the car as it is rolled. If you want one where you stay inside and it's rolled on the conveyor belt in Neutral, then it's automatic and slaps the car around.

First world problems much? 🤣
Or, I like everything else about the cars?

I think what twerks some, like vision only cars, is many expect certain things to be a priority over some Disney rights $$$ deal to carry their crap network over real issues and failures of vision only. Yeah, we signed an acknowledgement saying the features are going to be improved, but when it comes to safety and basic features the cars are having issues with it should be priority one. Not 40 behind car wash mode.

This shouldn’t turn into another where’s the crap Beta button thread and update with jokes galore. Since this is the only real update since vision only owners took delivery, we are expecting what was promised. This isn’t 2015 anymore.

^^This^^
Electrek love to post stuff like this but don't bother checking to see if anyone else has seen it. This release seems that nobody but the one guy on Reddit has seen it.
Looking at TeslaFi it seems that 2021.12.25.7 is going out to a bunch of cars right now, so I'm guessing no public cars will see 2021.24 for a while yet
Co-worker of mine got it 2 days ago...

Had my car for 3 days so be patient with my question. I have a M3 LR AWD and the software is 2021.3.105 an it says its up to date. When will I get the new Car Wash mode and latest update? I am on Advanced setting as well. Thanks!

Almost no one has 2021.24. It will be weeks, at least, if not more.

42% are still on 2021.4.18.2
14% on 2021.4.18.11
18% on 2021.12.25.6
8% on 2021.12.25.7

Most of the fleet is slowly moving to 2021.12.25.7 and that will take at least a week, if not a few.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, the good old days. In most large population centers in California (and elsewhere in the SW), washing your car at home with a hose is forbidden. We're in a serious drought here.

"No rinse" washes are allowed, as are commercial car washes (who already are required to use water recycling measures).

This isn't accurate.

In most California regions you are simply required to have a shut-off nozzle on the hose, and make sure that soapy doesn't directly run into a storm drain.

That's a pretty reasonable regulation, and far from banning washing your own car.

I can see the viewpoint that it is an absurd restriction ("I can use an open hose while watering a shrub, but not rinsing off my car?"), and tries to legislate common sense, but it's not especially intrusive.

To tie this to the actual topic, my Model Y is still on 2021.4.18.2.

Ahh yes, the good old days. In most large population centers in California (and elsewhere in the SW), washing your car at home with a hose is forbidden. We're in a serious drought here.

"No rinse" washes are allowed, as are commercial car washes (who already are required to use water recycling measures).
😂😂 i would move if i lived where i was told that i cant use something that i pay for!.....crazy Cali lib politicians!