Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla resale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flxx, whatever happened to all the Ebay finds

Don´t know, I never tried to contact them, these were all planned early 2009 deliveries but I would like to have one under the christmas tree.

And I don´t want to deal with funds in advance with a private seller that has no physical Tesla in his garage.

Well I wish you luck. 70 cars delivered and another 60 coming (perhaps by Xmas) that are Signature 100's owners - people who have had the full 100K tied up since pre-July 2006.

Seems like these sellers would have to be desperate for cash, or they don't care about cars and just bought an investment, or have so much money they bought the car on a whim and now are bored with it.

I would try to find the auction winner. That was long ago enough that the car should be an early number ...but Tesla probably fudges that one to whatever works for them.

Well, there are probably a some people who "bought" the car back in 2006 or 2007 and have seen their finances tank, and may be questioning their purchase... But I would assume it will be easier to find such people post-Signature 100, though. That will make a Christmas delivery difficult.

Don´t know, I never tried to contact them, these were all planned early 2009 deliveries but I would like to have one under the christmas tree.

And I don´t want to deal with funds in advance with a private seller that has no physical Tesla in his garage.

Are there any of those 2008 slots still available?
That would be the quickest way and would likely get delivered by April 2009.

I would be shocked if any of the first 400 cars come on the market. I know a few owners in my area around #180 to # 300 and there is 0% chance of them selling.

A friend e-mailed me another blog and it looks like Tesla has some cars for sale without waiting right now. Has anyone heard anything about that or the details with it?

Tesla, ZAP, Dodge EV1, electric Lotus cars - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Hmm.. It might have something to do with this:
In a recent email to the owners, Darryl Siry tells us that there are a "limited number" of 2008 Roadsters available, which will be produced at the end of the 2008 run (before the 2009 run). The 2008 run will still be limited to 600. The base price of these vehicles is $125,000.

If you're interested, contact Doreen Allen, National Sales Manager, at [email protected] or 650-413-6231.
But I wouldn't call that "right now" since they'd still have to wait till at least April or so.

But I wouldn't call that "right now" since they'd still have to wait till at least April or so.
Actually, it if someone were very interested it might be worth an inquiry. Perhaps Tesla intends those who pony up the extra cost for a 2008 to skip ahead in line some. Maybe for $125,000 you could get one by Feb or so instead?

I don't know that they would do this, but it might be worth asking the question.

Seems rotten to do to the people that have paid years ago and been waiting on their car.
We are at the end of 2008. They say the 2008 run is 600 cars. It has been several years to deliver 100 cars. Also not sure what was up with that blog about the Tesla rep posted about car available on a Lamborghini board and then her taking it down and not responding. All of that seems strange. Why wouldn't they post it here on the Tesla page where people are asking for available cars rather than on a Lamborghini site? Or all of the people that go into the dealers "offering to pay $500K right now" that was talked about here earlier. Or if there are still a thousand plus people who have paid for their cars or put large deposits down years ago why don't they call them. If they have a silver one, I'm sure someone on that thousand person waiting list wants a silver one.

Seems rotten to do to the people that have paid years ago and been waiting on their car.

I looked into the Lotus thread and it looks like the poster in the Lamborghini thread was talking about the same cars in the email to all the customers. So I'm sure all the customers were aware of this.

Also it looks like the one who posted the thread in the Lambo forums was a moderator, judging by the screenshot, so that explains the post.

And I think the cars will be produced at the end of the 2008 models, so it's not going to be a cut in line for the existing 2008 customers (which were the people waiting for years). I don't think it's unreasonable for Tesla to sell some of the left over ones at the end of 2008 production.

You mentioned it took years to make the 100 vehicles, but I wouldn't say that's quite true. They haven't really started production until late this year, since they were still waiting for all the testing on the new 1.5 Drivetrain. They are at 15 cars/week now basically.

Rough estimate says they should be pass #200 by beginning of Feb next year. They said they might ramp up in Feb to 20/wk and to 30/wk by spring, so the end of production for all 600 for 2008 will be June or July. At the same 30/wk, by the end of 2009 they will have filled all 1200 orders total.

My guess is that the 1200 is not accurate. I think they have had orders in the past of 600 for 2008 and 600 for 2009, and they do intend to manufacture as such...but the economy and other things being what they are, those numbers have contracted some as people backed out.

That is only a guess on my part though. I think they are betting they can fill the holes by the time the manufacturing happens. When they have filled those holes, we will see them start taking orders for the 2010 run.

...And I think the cars will be produced at the end of the 2008 models, so it's not going to be a cut in line for the existing 2008 customers (which were the people waiting for years)...
That original posting was titled "Teslas available for immediate delivery" and said "handful of cars available now" which made it sound like "no waiting".

That original posting was titled "Teslas available for immediate delivery" and said "handful of cars available now" which made it sound like "no waiting".
You are right actually. Maybe there ARE cars available now that they have manufacturered but without an owner. Don't know how they will handle that situation then. Who knows.

No Waiting? No Way.

I wish there was no waiting. I'd have my car now. As people drop out, we may get moved forward a bit but that only means we'll get our car a few minutes earlier.

Tesla did offer 2009 owners to jump ahead a bit and get a few of the last 2008s after people dropped out for whatever reason. The rest of the 2008 owners moved forward and the new 2008 owners were put at the end of the 2008 line--very fair to the original owners. It still means a wait but it may have cut off 3 or 4 months from the 2009 wait. For some if us, it was well worth it. Others decided not to do so.

...I wish there was no waiting. I'd have my car now. As people drop out, we may get moved forward a bit but that only means we'll get our car a few minutes earlier...

Darrell, have you ordered a car and is locked in? Will it be the new "Mr Toad's Wild Ride"?
getaway.jpg

I looked into the Lotus thread and it looks like the poster in the Lamborghini thread was talking about the same cars in the email to all the customers. So I'm sure all the customers were aware of this.

Also it looks like the one who posted the thread in the Lambo forums was a moderator, judging by the screenshot, so that explains the post.

And I think the cars will be produced at the end of the 2008 models, so it's not going to be a cut in line for the existing 2008 customers (which were the people waiting for years). I don't think it's unreasonable for Tesla to sell some of the left over ones at the end of 2008 production.

You mentioned it took years to make the 100 vehicles, but I wouldn't say that's quite true. They haven't really started production until late this year, since they were still waiting for all the testing on the new 1.5 Drivetrain. They are at 15 cars/week now basically.

Rough estimate says they should be pass #200 by beginning of Feb next year. They said they might ramp up in Feb to 20/wk and to 30/wk by spring, so the end of production for all 600 for 2008 will be June or July. At the same 30/wk, by the end of 2009 they will have filled all 1200 orders total.

This is what the post over there said.
104904d1229010389-how-ruin-teslas-image-alienate-customers-tesla-shadiness2.jpg

I just looked at the link again and it has been very busy over there. I don't see the popcorn emoticon on here like they have. :confused:

Some information brought out I've not seen before. They actually have a Tesla board within the forum.

This is the link mentioned here;
How to ruin Tesla's image and alienate customers... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community