Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Server Down??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I was just checking my phone app and it wasn’t connecting to my 3 so I went ahead and signed out the app. Now I am seeing internal server error right after launching the app...also sign-in from website is also not working anymore. Anyone else having this issue?

0EEDFA0F-1257-4FF6-AB9C-C33968641B3E.png
44178DD5-D057-4BCA-BB83-E98693AD0A17.png

They are doing something again with the “upgrade” link and the Service link in the app.

Took about 1 minute for the App to wake the car, but the Upgrade and Service link is missing.

But it’s up now.

Fred

Glad I am not the only one. Just searched quickly on Twitter and seems like it's a big outage... Hope Tesla get it fixed soon lol I guess this is a reason that it is a good idea to carry a key card in wallet just in case...Lessons learned...

It doesn't affect your ability to use the phone as a key. If that were the case anywhere without cell coverage you would have no key.

They are not getting the App to open, so at this point the Key card will be it.

I’ve been putting off from getting the Ring key, I think it’s time to get it.

Fred
Again, you don't need the app for the phone key to work. The phone connects to the car via bluetooth and tells the car to unlock -- it doesn't use the internet or go through Tesla's servers.

Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla is returning a 302 error code that redirects to Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla

Looks like they are mucking with something. Possibly related to subscription stuff? Or someone goofed and pushed something that broke prod.

Too soon for the Subscription stuff, people will cancel on their 4K EAP purchase.

Also IOS 14 came out so I’m sure there should be a new Tesla App update.

Fred

Again, you don't need the app for the phone key to work. The phone connects to the car via bluetooth and tells the car to unlock -- it doesn't use the internet or go through Tesla's servers.
Right but if the car is currently in Sleep mode you will need to open the App. That has been my experience. I use TezLab to put it in Sleep mode every night.

Fred