Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - Accepting Charges

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had an error message about the charge port component not being detected, and have duly logged a Service Call.

The Service Call was scheduled however the app required me to confirm acceptance of the $200 worth of charges. For the sake of getting the car fixed ASAP, I hit accept however I'm puzzled as to why they'd do this when the car still has 3+ years of warranty left.

I'm not expecting to pay anything, but it's just an unnecessary friction point. Can anyone shed light on why Tesla does this?

I'm not expecting to pay anything, but it's just an unnecessary friction point. Can anyone shed light on why Tesla does this?

You won't pay anything -- it's just how their system works.

Its based on the policy of software update changes. Work it out for yourself.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Reactions: Maximillan
I've had an error message about the charge port component not being detected, and have duly logged a Service Call.

The Service Call was scheduled however the app required me to confirm acceptance of the $200 worth of charges. For the sake of getting the car fixed ASAP, I hit accept however I'm puzzled as to why they'd do this when the car still has 3+ years of warranty left.

When I was quoted a fee for a warranty issue repair I sent them a message in the app and they set that item to zero cost. They were very prompt with the adjustment. I’m none the wiser about why it seems to be framed as a pre-authorisation rather than just a quote.

The mobile tech came out today, bloody good bloke. He dissembled the butt hole and replaced the faulty part with a new orange cable / connector. Whilst he was out he did a non-essential recall job on the boot motor by replacing an o-ring. One hour later he was done, the cost was never mentioned.

I got the invoice 15 minutes after he left, $0.

The mobile tech experience is the best OEM service experience I've had, beats Lexus and they're boxes of Lindt balls hands down.