Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service App, what a ROYAL F'ING PAIN IN MY ASH!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trying to get an appointment. What a waste of time. 25 minutes in to trying, have 6 issues need looked at. Typed description of each in app. Tried to load pict for 1 (just spinning wheel in app for 5 minutes, ever did upload). Get all done with what can and the NEXT button on the bottom of the app never is active, so I can't continue.

Press the BACK button in the app and BAMB, all typing is gone, have to start over.

Enter just 1 issue and still can't get NEXT button to be active.

Reboot phone.

Try again, SAME *sugar*.

Look Tesla, it's a $100K vehicle. People who spend this much value their time immensely. I thank you for pushing the 'dinosaurs' kicking and screaming to EVs, but I need to talk to a person, as this would have been done 45 minutes ago. Get better service experience on daughters $20K KIA!

I feel your pain. Seems to me there are apps that allow data to transfer better than others, and the Tesla app is on the bad end of this comparison. Texting for example seems to allow data transfer as quickly as the signal connection allows, but some apps, like the Tesla app, give you the spinning circle for seconds or minutes, even when you have a good connection. If there is a timeout, then you lose everything. I've had this happen once, so now I type my message into the Notes app, and then copy the entire message into the Tesla app and post it immediately. If it fails, I still have the text and don't have to start all over again retyping. But I agree this should not be necessary for making a service appointment for a $100,000 vehicle. It's ridiculous.

A little confused by this comment.. Yes, I have talked about the 'dinosaurs' (old school ICE makers). As bad as they are, I have NEVER had this type of a problem getting an appointment. Simply call, get service dept TALK to them, and done. Sure get the upsell on things, but I know how to say no.
So you must see the irony of someone who is looking to use email vs. texting in the app

Got it. What a P.O.S app. The pictures are optional, right? WRONG. Had to attach a picture to each problem. Some, like "windows roll up very slow, is this normal", or "I need a second FOB" don't really need picts, so I took a picture of a white wall and attached that to the app for those.

As for email being dinosaur. Ok, sure. But In my job, we use email as a valid communication and it has it's purposes still.

Next question, I want to leave the car at the SC for a week while on vacation to have fixed. SC is 3 hours away, and in same town as fly out of. (Minneapolis) How do I coordinate with them? Friend with a BMW did this 3 years ago and a BMW dealership, very simple process, coordinated OVER THE PHONE....

Next question, I want to leave the car at the SC for a week while on vacation to have fixed. SC is 3 hours away, and in same town as fly out of. (Minneapolis) How do I coordinate with them? Friend with a BMW did this 3 years ago and a BMW dealership, very simple process, coordinated OVER THE PHONE....
The service center isn’t a parking lot and Tesla is not BMW. You can ask them to leave the car parked there when you drop it off. That’s about it.

Again, expecting Tesla to answer phone calls and respond to emails…that’s dinosaur-talk.

• Disagree
Reactions: tengtengvn
Got it. What a P.O.S app. The pictures are optional, right? WRONG. Had to attach a picture to each problem. Some, like "windows roll up very slow, is this normal", or "I need a second FOB" don't really need picts, so I took a picture of a white wall and attached that to the app for those.

As for email being dinosaur. Ok, sure. But In my job, we use email as a valid communication and it has it's purposes still.
ICE vehicles still serve a purpose too. But those manufacturers are dinosaurs? There’s a flaw in your logic somewhere.

ICE vehicles still serve a purpose too. But those manufacturers are dinosaurs? There’s a flaw in your logic somewhere.
I've seen the dinosaur reference at other places on here. I take it to be a play on 2 things: 1. If they don't get there poop together, the EV adoption curve will catch them with there pants down and there is the chance they go the 'way of the dinosaur', with Tesla. The stock market still values Tesla more than ALL others combined and it is forward looking as can be. 2. The ICE engines burn DINOSAUR JUICE (oil converted to gasoline).

And NO a simple phone call can be a faster, more precise and hence better way to coordinate cases that are outside the norm. A phone call, with a quick back-and-forth don't by voice can be a better, quicker way to resolve strange issues.

ive never had a problem with the app to make service requests, in total about 6 of them.. the most recent one yesterday i had two issues but only requested one and in the notes section i mentioned i also need my interior cabin filter replaced and that was just added to order instead of having to create another request.. i couldn't find a feature where you can put multiple request on single service call, but this did the trick.. then just communicate service details via app messages section..