Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service did not respond

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I contacted... No, wait! It seems I didn't contact, Tesla service via the app on my iPhone. I say I didin't contact Tesla service because I never got a response.
I tried again: no response.
I tried calling: no response
I tried texting: no response

I'm sorry to be snarky, but really. WTAF?
My phone tells me update 2023.2.10 is 64% downloaded. It's been stuck there for 2 days now.
My car's Software page doesn't show any update is available for my 2022 Model Y Performance.

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any help offered.

I'd start by doing a hard reset on your model Y and then reinstall the app on your phone. You'll need to reconnect you phone as key if you use that, so make sure you have a key handy and check and make sure you have a wifi connection on the car if you want the fastest software updates. This sounds like something just got glitched on either your phone or car during an update. "Usually" updates will start again after a hard reset.

If that doesn't work and assuming you have a service center within reasonable distance, I'd just show up, explain you can't make an appt. on your phone and see if they can schedule something or help you out there.

I'd start by doing a hard reset on your model Y and then reinstall the app on your phone. You'll need to reconnect you phone as key if you use that, so make sure you have a key handy and check and make sure you have a wifi connection on the car if you want the fastest software updates. This sounds like something just got glitched on either your phone or car during an update. "Usually" updates will start again after a hard reset.

If that doesn't work and assuming you have a service center within reasonable distance, I'd just show up, explain you can't make an appt. on your phone and see if they can schedule something or help you out there.
Thanks for your reply.
I did the hard reset prior to posting. The update disappeared and has not returned.
The phone app is still showing a download in progress, but that obviously is corrupted.

Do you think the issue with the phone app is causing the car to not show an update is available?

Thanks for your reply.
I did the hard reset prior to posting. The update disappeared and has not returned.
The phone app is still showing a download in progress, but that obviously is corrupted.

Do you think the issue with the phone app is causing the car to not show an update is available?
The car should be able to update software without the app but I presume you haven't got a notification from the car when you get in that an update has occured? I'd still remove and reinstall the app to be sure.

All these software updates should be irrelevant to contacting Tesla. In the mobile app, just enter a service request. Don't block yourself because the app indicates a software update, that's the car trying to download the update. You can still use the mobile app.
Thanks for your reply.
I had to spoof the service dept to get a call back. But that's only because who would've thought you had to go through "Infotainment" service to specify problems with an update? An update to the car's OS is "infotainment"?!

Anyway, just for your particular amusement, GtiMart, while I was on the phone with Tesla service tech I tried - using his instructions - to set up a service appointment. But I couldn't 'cause my app wouldn't do it. The tech finally had to do it from his end. I haven't been blocking myself at all.

I'll probably have to follow 1965Falcon's advice and delete and reinstall the app. 😥

Still no update. iPhone app was deleted and reinstalled: still shows update 2023.2.10 64% downloaded. Now it's been stuck there for 10 days.
Attempted to contact Service via the tweet they had sent. It returned a message saying, "Your concern is closed".

Looks like I'll have to start over. SMH

The car should be able to update software without the app but I presume you haven't got a notification from the car when you get in that an update has occured? I'd still remove and reinstall the app to be sure.

Have you tried entering a service request in the app? Tweets and phone calls are not the preferred way to get service at Tesla.
This a good reason for people to not consider a Tesla. It’s great when everything works but God forbid you need to actually talk to someone with a simple phone call. Unfortunately, this is why actual dealerships are so much better at handling service issues compared to Tesla and that’s not saying a whole lot.

Every time I went to the SC I was greeted very well. Every time I entered a service request in the mobile app they promptly communicated back with me, setup mobile service when available etc. You do get service, but you have to adapt to their method. Different doesn't always mean bad.

Every time I went to the SC I was greeted very well. Every time I entered a service request in the mobile app they promptly communicated back with me, setup mobile service when available etc. You do get service, but you have to adapt to their method. Different doesn't always mean bad.
As stated, the issue is that if the app hiccups and you can't actually make a service appt you're stuck. Nobody to call, email, etc. And many people don't live within a close distance to a service center. In that case, different definitely does equal bad.

Even though I've had great luck with the service centers in my area and have never been unable to schedule an appt, the fact that this can and does happen with seemingly no recourse is unacceptable and one of the things I warn potential Tesla buyers about.

The app works surprisingly well though. Worst that can happen is a few 500 errors because of internet issues and that never lasts very long. In that case, you can always drop by the service center. I don't know why they dislike phones but the app is the remote communication method. If the app would fail constantly I would understand your concern but I have never heard anything to that extent.

The app works surprisingly well though. Worst that can happen is a few 500 errors because of internet issues and that never lasts very long. In that case, you can always drop by the service center. I don't know why they dislike phones but the app is the remote communication method. If the app would fail constantly I would understand your concern but I have never heard anything to that extent.
As I stated, many people don't live within 'drop by' distance of a service center. And you have heard of something to that extent; what's happening to the OP which caused him to create this thread.

• Love
Reactions: Nubo
The OP complains about having trouble getting support but I'm not aware that they tried the official method using the mobile app. They talk about the mobile app indicating the availability of a software update in the car but, unless it's described otherwise, the mobile app works. That person should be able to enter a service request and they will get help. Assuming that is the reported problem that they cannot get help.

As for updates being "stuck", there are multiple threads around here with similar problems. It might eventually resolve, or a service request will get it solved.

The "go to the service center" was my suggestion if they continue to insist not to use the mobile app, as an alternative. If that alternative isn't reasonable -> service request.

The OP complains about having trouble getting support but I'm not aware that they tried the official method using the mobile app. They talk about the mobile app indicating the availability of a software update in the car but, unless it's described otherwise, the mobile app works. That person should be able to enter a service request and they will get help. Assuming that is the reported problem that they cannot get help.

As for updates being "stuck", there are multiple threads around here with similar problems. It might eventually resolve, or a service request will get it solved.

The "go to the service center" was my suggestion if they continue to insist not to use the mobile app, as an alternative. If that alternative isn't reasonable -> service request.
Go back and read his posts. He couldn't set up a service appt on the app. He finally got someone on the phone and they had to manually set up an appt. due to the lack of functionality on the app.