Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service/Quality control is still as bad as ever I guess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love tesla cars. There is no way back any more. But why so many issues. My leaf delivered the same time has 0 issues. So a budget car has better QA then a Tesla..... Also non of my other cars/motorcycles had any major issues on delivery.

Possibly true, but our Nissan Qashqai had far more delivery issues than our Tesla (crap paint finish, poor panel fits, various electrical gremlins). You need much bigger sample numbers to make any conclusion about average QC, although you do see a lot of Tesla QC issues around here and I've seen a few myself in showroom cars. My all time worst new car on delivery was a 2002 BMW 330Ci (which had terrible build quality) but I wouldn't say BMW have the worst overall QC. I just got a bad example.

Maybe I was very lucky with my Tesla and as you say there's no going back once you get a taste for these things. A couple of weeks in a rental Ford Cmax on holiday was like going back half a century in time! So glad to be back in the sublime Model X today :)

I got several things repaired at Tesla SC and got a quite visible scratch (2+ inches long) and a dent.
The dent is where a plastic piece inside was removed and it is convex from outside so I am 100% sure it was made while removing it.
He promised to arrange repair at body shop but not sure if they can fix the problem without making other bigger problems.
Probably the scratch was made while drying the car after car wash and the guy worked on my car wears a belt with a metal buckle. They should never wear anything could make scratch (watch etc. wear gloves if he/she has rings) while working on the car. I think they do not have basic working standard and supervision by experienced technician.

I got several things repaired at Tesla SC and got a quite visible scratch (2+ inches long) and a dent.
The dent is where a plastic piece inside was removed and it is convex from outside so I am 100% sure it was made while removing it.
He promised to arrange repair at body shop but not sure if they can fix the problem without making other bigger problems.
Probably the scratch was made while drying the car after car wash and the guy worked on my car wears a belt with a metal buckle. They should never wear anything could make scratch (watch etc. wear gloves if he/she has rings) while working on the car. I think they do not have basic working standard and supervision by experienced technician.

Mine returned from SC with a large scratch too and paint chips, my assumption is that they are now way too overwhelmed with all the M3s flooding the market & if you are in an area with high concentration of Tesla owners then the chances of these kind of things happening are probably going to be a bit higher.

If I were you, I would have then take care of that dent and if they can't then they can replace the panel maybe.