Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla shield business practice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It took a lot for me to get in touch for a refund so I feel all of your pain. Tried emails, texts, etc. multiple times. When someone did FINALLY get back to me (about a week after my 1st email), I ran into issues.

There was a lot of back and forth where they said technically their policies do not cover refunds due to wait (except that in their original post on here they literally said cancel anytime before shipping which was the only reason I ordered in the first place). Then they go oh yeah, well we're changing that policy because of too many refunds.

I had to wait over 2 weeks for my refund (because there was a refund queue ahead of me???) and they didn't send it until I bombarded them again 17 days later. I don't know the reasoning for waiting that long for a refund would be.. what they told me was "their process servers would get overloaded."

All in all, not the experience I expected from a company that differentiates itself from the rest because "...we have the best possible customer service that I can give, (everything answered by me the co-founder and available 24/7." I find that to be inaccurate. Shady is an understatement.

The experience didn't feel all that different than the Chinese conglomerates you were denigrating in your original post. Stay away.

FYI My team and I have been working tirelessly around the clock the last few days to make sure we refund each and every cancelation request. We have finally refunded everyone from our database. If you haven’t received your refund now please pm me your order number.

So that was not true, you conveniently skipped me. I was supposedly placed on the queue September 26th, but was never refunded until today when I had to ask you again!

It took a lot for me to get in touch for a refund so I feel all of your pain. Tried emails, texts, etc. multiple times. When someone did FINALLY get back to me (about a week after my 1st email), I ran into issues.

There was a lot of back and forth where they said technically their policies do not cover refunds due to wait (except that in their original post on here they literally said cancel anytime before shipping which was the only reason I ordered in the first place). Then they go oh yeah, well we're changing that policy because of too many refunds.

I had to wait over 2 weeks for my refund (because there was a refund queue ahead of me???) and they didn't send it until I bombarded them again 17 days later. I don't know the reasoning for waiting that long for a refund would be.. what they told me was "their process servers would get overloaded."

All in all, not the experience I expected from a company that differentiates itself from the rest because "...we have the best possible customer service that I can give, (everything answered by me the co-founder and available 24/7." I find that to be inaccurate. Shady is an understatement.

The experience didn't feel all that different than the Chinese conglomerates you were denigrating in your original post. Stay away.

So that was not true, you conveniently skipped me. I was supposedly placed on the queue September 26th, but was never refunded until today when I had to ask you again!
I apologize for the delay in your receiving your refund. I realize this is not an excuse, but we have been inundated with many new orders and trying to answer everyone questions in the order we received them. You should not have waited so long for your refund and I sincerely apologize for that. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

@labmixz I suspect this post will either be downvoted, “reported” and/or deleted by those collecting vender fees.
@qdeathstar
Well, you suspected wrong, at least with regard to that particular comment being "deleted by those collecting vender fees."

This is not a Vendor thread, therefore members are entitled to share their negative opinions about Vendors and their offerings. I found the post that you are referring to to be a genuine opinion. However, there have been some other posts in this thread that seem to serve no other purpose aside from to insult and disparage, and just serve to further stir up conflict and drama. Also, we may take action if we feel a user is just repeating a given opinion again and again.

I encourage members to express their concerns about the conduct of Vendors, etc., and I also encourage our Vendors to address such members' concerns in a thoughtful, honest, and non-overly-defensive manner.

Also, we may take action if we feel a user is just repeating a given opinion again and again.
I am with you and I agree that the one comment that was deleted from the topic made by me was a little too much.

However, I am intrigued by this line. Are we just supposed to let a person who appears to be lying have the last word?From my perspective @tshields is definitely guilty of repeating the same opinion again and again! He mass disagreed with everyone in the topic then repeatedly says we don’t have a right to our opinions!

Last edited:
Are we just supposed to let a person who appears to be lying have the last word?
The last word isn't necessarily the right word, no matter who gets it, and it shouldn't be the bar for disagreement settlement. I will often move posts out of threads when two members (vendor or not) are going back and forth trying to be the last one to speak. It is a thread distraction and provides no real value to other readers. I see no difference here. The TMC membership is more astute than some must think. They can ascertain for themselves the validity of compaints and the validity of the responses to those complaints.

I would argue that constantly trying to jockey for the last word is more detrimental to one's argument than being clear and concise in a couple of posts.

Ordered June 1.

Received mats July 30. But the front passenger was f’d up. Definitely not the “glove” look and fit they are advertising. The top end lifts up a good 3-4 inches.

D71CC2C6-6109-47AD-A031-D99FBA1250B2.jpeg

It’s been a solid 5 months since my order and every week, Jason says to look for a tracking info for my replacement mat. Guess everyone else has bad experiences with them. Service is ridiculous and definitely not the quality I was hoping for.

Ordered June 1.

Received mats July 30. But the front passenger was f’d up. Definitely not the “glove” look and fit they are advertising. The top end lifts up a good 3-4 inches.

View attachment 729035

It’s been a solid 5 months since my order and every week, Jason says to look for a tracking info for my replacement mat. Guess everyone else has bad experiences with them. Service is ridiculous and definitely not the quality I was hoping for.

Sorry to hear of this. Certainly not a surprise, given all of the negative feedback here, re this company.

@qdeathstar

Reactions: qdeathstar
Ordered June 1.

View attachment 729035

Wow, those things look cheap AF. Maybe it’s the top….

Reactions: jebinc and morbidz
Ordered June 1.

View attachment 729035

I believe we explained to you that we will gladly replace your mats. You received your mats in July but when you had notified us we had already sold out of our existing shipment. Unfortunately, you had to wait for our next shipment which was delayed due to all the shipping problems many companies are currently having. Our shipment has finally arrived and your mats will be shipped out next week. The quality of our mats are excellent and I am not sure why your passenger mat did not fit well. Eventhough, the mat may have been defective your car was protected until your new mats arrive.

Ordered June 1.

View attachment 729035

This looks like it is sitting on top of another mat. Can you clarify? I can see what looks like an all weather mat underneath.

I always felt the carbon fiber look was cheap looking - even real CF doesn’t look great. Screams “2001 Fast and the Furious wannabe”
This isn’t carbon fiber nor is it meant to be. It has an embossed pattern to prevent slippage from feet to mat. I would like to say and I understand this looks very biased but our mats are definiatley not cheap. What sets us apart from a tesmanian/weather tech style mat is that we have three layers. A thermoplastic rubber composite with an embossed pattern on top. Foam in the middle to provide comfort and slightly dampens road noise and a sturdy gripping surface on the back.

Reactions: jevans3
Probably very inexpensive (aka, “cheap”) to produce, but not cheap from the buyer’s perspective.
We make roughly $15-$19 per mat sold. It’s really not cheap at all. Just the shipping, tariffs, transportation, and storage is as much if not more than the cost of production. Look I understand there have been moments where we might be seen as shady, but in reality it is myself running the whole day to day operation and now I have a family member step in and help run things more smoothly. There have been some hiccups along the way such as delays and a lag in refund times. I am an honest person that is trying my best. Our mats are in our possession and we will be shipping out shortly.

We make roughly $15-$19 per mat sold. It’s really not cheap at all. Just the shipping, tariffs, transportation, and storage is as much if not more than the cost of production. Look I understand there have been moments where we might be seen as shady, but in reality it is myself running the whole day to day operation and now I have a family member step in and help run things more smoothly. There have been some hiccups along the way such as delays and a lag in refund times. I am an honest person that is trying my best. Our mats are in our possession and we will be shipping out shortly.
This was a better response than mass disagree with everyone

I always felt the carbon fiber look was cheap looking - even real CF doesn’t look great. Screams “2001 Fast and the Furious wannabe”
I agree. I tried these mats (the 3D maxpider version) and hated them. The flat surface leaves no place for debris to collect so you feel every little crumb under your feet. I prefer carpet, but for all weather rubber with ribs is my preference. Keeps junk away from the surface.

Hello, I sent a note about order 2303 today. Hoping you can let me know when I will see the floor mats -- ordered in August. Sent email/text. Was not able to reach anybody via phone. Thanks!
hi looks like you possibly have us the wrong order number as this mat was delivered in July. Sorry about not getting back to you today. We have been extremely limited the past few days as we have shifted our focus to counting, allocating, and sending out orders. We have several thousand orders and this process should be done by tomorrow night and everyone will have my full attention this coming Monday. Also just an FYI we started shipment late Friday night and have already shipped out 100 orders which is only less than 5% of orders but it’s pretty impressive given that the shipping window on Friday was only a couple of hours. We should be fully shipped out by the end of this coming week.

Last edited:
Reactions: kathya
Hi,
we are still counting orders. Should be done tomorrow. We are using new packaging material specifically designed for our mats to prevent and eliminate creases. Will be sending an email to all customers followed by a thread on TMC.