Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla showroom in Winchester

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have it on good authority that Tesla are taking over the site of a main dealer in Winchester.

I understand they were setting up a service centre in Southampton (still on the map), so not sure if this is instead of or as well as.

Good location for supercharger given Fleet Southbound woes and potential Amesbury on the A303.

• Helpful
Reactions: tipac and Harv3y
Tesla used to have a couple of superchargers at Sainsbury's Badger Farm in Winchester. In fact the Tesla logo is still painted on the charging bays there despite them being removed a couple of years ago.

My wife is from Winchester and when I was first there I was amazed to see the Badger Farm sign! I really imagined that you southern folk actually farmed badgers ... well just for a moment ... turned out to be Sainsbury's, and no badgers to be seen.

• Funny
Reactions: benclear and Roy W.
My wife is from Winchester and when I was first there I was amazed to see the Badger Farm sign! I really imagined that you southern folk actually farmed badgers ... well just for a moment ... turned out to be Sainsbury's, and no badgers to be seen.

If you take place names literally....
Unknown.jpeg

Proud to be southern!

There's a list of these somewhere, that includes a place called Twatt, IIRC. There's also at least one Bell End, and a road called Back Passage...

Twatt is a surname too! Many years ago when my mother ran our house as a guest house we had 2 Twatts from Orkney who stayed with us! As a young teenager at the time I was, of course, erm, highly amused!

Have it on good authority that Tesla are taking over the site of a main dealer in Winchester.

I understand they were setting up a service center in Southampton (still on the map), so not sure if this is instead of or as well as.

Good location for supercharger given Fleet Southbound woes and potential Amesbury on the A303.

I went to look at the location at Ratfyn, it is the perfect place for a Supercharger as has a lot of parking space and a big power transformer setup already. No idea when it is coming though... hope it is not cancelled.

I went to look at the location at Ratfyn, it is the perfect place for a Supercharger as has a lot of parking space and a big power transformer setup already. No idea when it is coming though... hope it is not cancelled.

I would be surprised and disapointed if they sited it there - there are no facilities. There is room for a charging site in amongst the Costa, KFC, Mc D's at Solstice Park.

I would be surprised and disapointed if they sited it there - there are no facilities. There is room for a charging site in amongst the Costa, KFC, Mc D's at Solstice Park.
My thinking as well, but the place where the big power transformer and parking space is exactly where the pin is on the Tesla map.... maybe just a coincidence. It is a bit off the beaten track so I hope they would put it in the main area.

I understand they were setting up a service centre in Southampton (still on the map), so not sure if this is instead of or as well as.

Winchester is horrendous for traffic.