Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software 2019.16.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
someone on reddit's experience:

"I called Tesla Support again late yesterday evening, and talked with a quite stressed out engineer, who told me that the 2019.16.2 software for Model 3 had been revoked, and that a new update would be pushed out ASAP due to the number of faults in the software. However, due to challenges with the automation systems of software, even cars that had the software revoked had the same software re-deployed and installed later."
Not true as I just received 16.2

someone on reddit's experience:

"I called Tesla Support again late yesterday evening, and talked with a quite stressed out engineer, who told me that the 2019.16.2 software for Model 3 had been revoked, and that a new update would be pushed out ASAP due to the number of faults in the software. However, due to challenges with the automation systems of software, even cars that had the software revoked had the same software re-deployed and installed later."

Yikes, just got 16.2...no sign of 3. Hope I make it on my 300 mile round trip tomorrow.

Yikes, just got 16.2...no sign of 3. Hope I make it on my 300 mile round trip tomorrow.
Fairly Certain at this point that .3 is for HW3 M3s.

Took my HW2.5 M3 out for a spin after my update and had no issues so far. This car has taught me to be better about using my turn signals though. Maybe that's why I didn't see any issues? Just guessing.

I drove today for the first time on 16.2 and received two forward collision alerts when I was driving slowly with plenty of room to brake. This seemed like new behavior to me. I rarely get those.

Also curious how you have that setting set. You can set the distance, I have mine set to normal and have had no issues. I know you can set it to close, normal or far (not exact terms in settings, sorry don't have them memorized yet) It might be looking too far forward. Keep in mind that the forward radar actually looks under the car in front of you and at the car in front of that person.