Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I felt the same (but haven't had time to fiddle yet). One thing I have noticed (but have yet to confirm) is that turning on recirculation mode does seem to alter fan speed down a fair bit.

Could that be the cause of your issue?
Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure it has happened with recirc on and off, but I'll play with again. It's a bit silly for that to make the difference. I wish they understood that tropical temperatures benefit from higher fan speeds to avoid having to set the thermostat unrealistically low and pre-cool the car every time.

Thanks for the tip. I'm pretty sure it has happened with recirc on and off, but I'll play with again. It's a bit silly for that to make the difference. I wish they understood that tropical temperatures benefit from higher fan speeds to avoid having to set the thermostat unrealistically low and pre-cool the car every time.
In my Victorian temperate climate I find the same thing come this time of year. To feel comfortable, I need to set 17C for preconditioning. Once driving after 10-15 mins I can set it back to my comfortable 19C. But if I precondition at 19C it's still too hot when I get in the car (and that's with the car in the shade). It also annoys me that the passenger seat vent doesn't operate when driving solo. I always feel the need to turn it on manually to increase the airflow around the cabin.

Please excuse me if this is a silly question. I’m trying to educate myself both here and on X about all things Tesla while waiting for my M3.
On the default settings, does the car only update to major releases or does it also follow point releases?
From what I’m picking up it only installs minor releases if you opt in?
Again sorry I don’t have my car yet and I’m just learning from you guys while I wait :)

Has anyone else noticed a change in phone lock behaviour since the latest update 2023.38.6?
My vehicle now only unlocks when my phone is very close, say within about 1 m, of the car. It used to be more like 3 or 4 m as my passenger could walk ahead open the door before I got to the car.
On balance, it's probably not a bad thing for security.

Reactions: Zoltrix77
Has anyone else noticed a change in phone lock behaviour since the latest update 2023.38.6?
My vehicle now only unlocks when my phone is very close, say within about 1 m, of the car. It used to be more like 3 or 4 m as my passenger could walk ahead open the door before I got to the car.
On balance, it's probably not a bad thing for security.
I believe my unlock distance is always short around 1m, when I open the frunk to put bags, passenger is not able to open the door.

Please excuse me if this is a silly question. I’m trying to educate myself both here and on X about all things Tesla while waiting for my M3.
On the default settings, does the car only update to major releases or does it also follow point releases?
From what I’m picking up it only installs minor releases if you opt in?
Again sorry I don’t have my car yet and I’m just learning from you guys while I wait :)
Is very "random"... I've had 80 updates over 4 years and there is no structure I've been able to determine.

Screenshot from 2023-11-17 11-51-50.png

Here's my last 20+ months of updates (for my 2019 SR+)...

Screenshot from 2023-11-17 11-52-15.png

Does anyone know how to stop the car randomly opening windows? It has become especially frequent since the last update.

For example, I parked, opened the boot, retrieved a bag, closed the boot with the lid button, and the rear passenger window wound halfway down. Alternatively, as I get in and prepare to drive, it winds down a random window or two, anywhere from "just a crack" to fully down. I usually drive with the windows fully closed, so this is not returning to a remembered setting.

In all cases, the car has respected the setting to close windows on locking.
Try a recalibration of the windows.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hairyman
Happens to me too every now and then - although I'm almost 100% sure it's me touching the window controls when opening the driver door. Do the 3/Y still have window control buttons in the door or is that all screen managed too?
My Y has them on the door handle. The kids do sometimes lean on them when we are driving. But I have repeatedly had a random window partially wind down when I'm alone, including once upon closing the trunk from outside the car.

What I meant was: does your Y have controls for all four windows on the driver door? My S does, and bumping them when I exit the car is how I manage to sometimes crack any of the other window. Never had one go down a long distance, they're only ever cracked a finger's width at most.

What I meant was: does your Y have controls for all four windows on the driver door? My S does, and bumping them when I exit the car is how I manage to sometimes crack any of the other window. Never had one go down a long distance, they're only ever cracked a finger's width at most.
Right. Yes, controls for all four windows are on the driver's door handle. The windows sometimes wind halfway or all the way down, and it doesn't seem to be connected to me closing the door or holding the handle (or even being in the car, sometimes).

Right. Yes, controls for all four windows are on the driver's door handle. The windows sometimes wind halfway or all the way down, and it doesn't seem to be connected to me closing the door or holding the handle (or even being in the car)
there is a calibration process for the windows. For memory its log out of apps, put all windows down, get out and lock car. Get back in car and put all windows up together, then log back into app. If this isnt quite right someone elso could maybe correct the procedure. It solved a similar issue I was having on the S