Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it's looking like not much for NZ with 2022.20.5

it's looking like not much for NZ with 2022.20.5

The Chime on Green is a decent inclusion. This is a feature moving from the FSD package to Basic Autopilot (included free with all cars).

Never made sense that it was included with the FSD package since eventually with FSD the car will take off on its own at a traffic light.

The Chime on Green is a decent inclusion. This is a feature moving from the FSD package to Basic Autopilot (included free with all cars).

Never made sense that it was included with the FSD package since eventually with FSD the car will take off on its own at a traffic light.
I got 2022.20.5 yesterday. Haven't been for a drive yet, but looking forward to the chime-on-green.

I find chime on green usefull but far from 100% accurate. Not surprisingly, it struggles with the dual light installation, say a green for straight ahead alongside a red for turn or vice-versa. I think it has got better over the last few months however.

S02
I use all features in Tesla and nothing is anywhere near to 70-80% accurate... so expecting 100% is not realistic.
everything is Beta, and all issues are swept under carpet....

2022.20.6 nothing in the release notes other than tyre configuration
for me (2019 M3)

Already had green traffic light chime with FSD

Most of the changes seem to be undocumented
bluetooth - device icon, connected phone has green dot next to it
Homelink buttons - button now has Activate on the homelink button with the name underneath
Battery arrival % - back in navigation, god knows why it was removed

Reactions: Audietron
2022.20.6 nothing in the release notes other than tyre configuration
for me (2019 M3)

Already had green traffic light chime with FSD

Most of the changes seem to be undocumented
bluetooth - device icon, connected phone has green dot next to it
Homelink buttons - button now has Activate on the homelink button with the name underneath
Battery arrival % - back in navigation, god knows why it was removed
interesting... as I received the same update and it says enhancement to seatbelt tensioner... it will be variable tension based on driving and collision situation. another step, not dynamic tension and driver alert tension like many new cars but slowly moving there.

so one new feature.

Autopilot is also said to be able to read the variable LED signs that are used in Auckland and Wellington with 20.6. At least there are reports of it working with similar signs in the UK.
Nothing in the release notes about it
I can't say for sure if it's working or not
The variable speed signs were set to the same speed as the fixed signs and usual motorway speed yesterday and this morning