Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be that guy and point out that you should be saying Autopilot, not FSD 😉 Just so we don't confuse new visitors.

Bummer that the variable speed limit recognition isn't here for NZ tho.
I'm going to be that guy and point out that I'm saying I have FSD because I do
Well I paid for it I have it, but I don't have it

Technically I suppose I don't have FSD but my car behaves differently to AP cars
because it does have FSD, confusing yes
For science and transparency I added I have FSD so it was clear
if someone was comparing what was happening with my car to theirs

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change
Autopark
Summon
Smart Summon
Traffic Light and Stop Sign Control
Upcoming
Autosteer on city streets

yep it it is a bummer variable speed sign recognition appears not to be working for NZ
I guess we can add it to the growing missing for NZ available in other countries list

missing that I can think of
Variable speed sign recognition
remote sentry view
remote talking via car though the app with ED-209 voice
motorway auto speed limit up/down (not 100% sure on this, doesn't work for me)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Audietron

Technically I suppose I don't have FSD but my car behaves differently to AP cars

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change
Autopark
Summon
Smart Summon
Upcoming

yep it it is a bummer variable speed sign recognition appears not to be working for NZ
I guess we can add it to the growing missing for NZ available in other countries list

remote sentry view
You are absolutely correct on there... but my experience is that anything which is not positive for Tesla is not usually welcome within forum.

It's black and white as : They sold me FSD, I paid for FSD, so I must have FSD... anything else and it is called fraud from Tesla - which I am sure they wouldn't intend to do.

1658693066704.png

as we can see on Tesla website for NZ... it is sold as FULL Self-driving Capability. not BETA, not to-be-announced... so better we call what is is sold as and purchased as - FSD ;)

PS: Funny mumbo-jumbo at end saying we are selling you something which is not what it says and it is not our fault we are selling it, it's your fault you are still buying it - lol 😂

Navigate on Autopilot
Auto Lane Change
Autopark
Summon
Smart Summon
Upcoming

remote sentry view
Yes, you have the FSD package but that just means you're in line for FSD when it's finally released. At the moment, all the FSD package does is reserve it for you while giving you all the benefits of Enhanced Autopilot to tide you over while you wait. I also have all those features you mentioned (minus stopping at traffic lights/signs) and I only have the Enhanced Autopilot package.

I just think it's confusing to potential owners if you say "I was using FSD on the motorway" when that's not correct.

Yes, you have the FSD package but that just means you're in line for FSD when it's finally released. At the moment, all the FSD package does is reserve it for you while giving you all the benefits of Enhanced Autopilot to tide you over while you wait. I also have all those features you mentioned (minus stopping at traffic lights/signs) and I only have the Enhanced Autopilot package.

I just think it's confusing to potential owners if you say "I was using FSD on the motorway" when that's not correct.
well... when differance between NZ "enhanced Autopilot" available at times, and NZ FSD available at all times - is just traffic signal detection.... one can surely use FSD for FSD because enhanced autopilot is one time offer once in a while - not always available. it is more of the heavily discounted NZ FSD package with only one feature missing.

NZ FSD is permanent full package at premium price.
NZ Enhanced autopilot is special package at heavily discounted premium price.

because for NZ it never mentioned that FSD is Beta or reduced capability compare to USA/UK FSD... it's as always misleading that "Full Self-Driving" where city roads are yet to come (plus endless conditions/excuses).

If only Tesla was more realistic to selling packages and naming them less misleading.

so in nutshell, when you have only enhanced autopilot, you actually have FSD with one beta feature missing ;) ...
who knows, in future they will have extra features added for you at free and reduce total cost of FSD to cost of Enhanced Autopilot thanks to competition in market.

When you buy the FSD package and you're not in the FSD Beta that is available in North America then you have Enhanced Autopilot with the promise of more in the future 😉 These features existed with Enhanced Autopilot long before the FSD Package was created.

Enhanced Autopilot looks to be a permanent option now in NZ, as it has been in the UK and Europe for the last few years.

But anyway, this is wildly off topic now.

Reactions: Audietron
When you buy the FSD package and you're not in the FSD Beta that is available in North America then you have Enhanced Autopilot with the promise of more in the future 😉 These features existed with Enhanced Autopilot long before the FSD Package was created.

Enhanced Autopilot looks to be a permanent option now in NZ, as it has been in the UK and Europe for the last few years.

But anyway, this is wildly off topic now.
Totally agree, wildly off topic.

AP wont EAP/FSD will.

But it requires indicating (unless on NoA) and neither lane change or the graphics will show using just AP?
Yeah, that's what I said 😉

When you have the EAP or FSD add-on, indicating while using AP on a motorway or seperate road will always do the lane change for you and bring up the graphic showing the lane in blue with a white square where the car will be in the adjacent lane.

I do realize FSD is a WIP, I knew that when I paid for it way back in 2019 when NoP was only a glint in Elon's eye for NZ
The whole point of me stating I have FSD was to make it clear to anyone comparing what my car does maybe different to theirs
Even AP behaves is differently because of FSD.
I didn't feel like writing a dissertation on the inner workings of FSD....sorry about that

IMO FSD situation is confusing for anyone who doesn't do some in depth research
if you just watch some recommended you tube videos or skim a few posts on reddit or here
and don't check regional forums.
Highly likely they may come away with high expectations for FSD, especially now with the US beta
add to that mix AP, NOP, FSD, EAP... WTF

I don't think any of the NZ demo cars have FSD enabled so you can see for realzies
what FSD is like in NZ. (Disclaimer they didn't when I test drove the S&X in pre Krd times)

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron and m3lol