Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
similar for all... except FSD changed a bit... more confident... hazard lights etc. comes on itself...
Auto park is now over confident or flat out stupid... at New World it offered to park when I position car to park - I was like, lets allow - long story short, it turned car wrongly and continue trying to park on trolley holding place - so fricking stupid... half the people around laughing knowing it's stupid Tesla - so good laughs at cost of my utterly stupid car.
I haven't tried 2024.20.1 yet, how did you get the hazard lights to come on by itself
I guess vision auto park is still a work in progress, hopefully it'll live up to it's name before you trade the Y in for the CT :)

I have an entirely different bug that’s been present for a few updates now.

Dashcam won’t switch on, shows a red X icon on the app when starting journeys. “Dashcam unavailable, check usb” when tapped. A reboot solves it but it happens at next startup again.

I noticed that it seems ok when the car is pre-conditioned. Have reformatted and swapped samsung T5 solid state HDD but i think it is definitely software.

Dashcam won’t switch on, shows a red X icon on the app when starting journeys. “Dashcam unavailable, check usb” when tapped. A reboot solves it but it happens at next startup again.

I noticed that it seems ok when the car is pre-conditioned. Have reformatted and swapped samsung T5 solid state HDD but i think it is definitely software.
Is that the forward facing camera or the reversing camera?
If it’s the reversing camera it may be the boot harness failing.

I haven't tried 2024.20.1 yet, how did you get the hazard lights to come on by itself
I guess vision auto park is still a work in progress, hopefully it'll live up to it's name before you trade the Y in for the CT :)
I was being cheeky and try to enter the correct lane at last moment as there was large gap, car behind me was being aggressive trying to speed up so either we crash or i couldn't join in... My model Y put on hazard lights by itself and turned them off once I was in lane and we had safe distance... something to do with collision detection feature, I believe.

Last edited:

I took my 2020 M3 into the service centre in Manukau to have this looked at along with some other items, they spent some hours looking at it and trying to diagnose and they have informed me that at software update is required, though a target firmware was not provided. There are a lot of users with this problem, if you look in the US threads, seems to have been introduced sometime in Dec/January updates. They (Tesla) claimed if I had one of there branded Tesla Memory sticks it would be ok but some who have purchased the stick are still reporting issues.

The underlying issue seems to be having the Sentry mode turn off in certain locations such as your garage/home and the USB is not restored when the car gets woken from sleep state. A dual press reset normally brings it back for me but only until the next time I park at one of locations I have set to turn Sentry off.

Reactions: m3lol
I took my 2020 M3 into the service centre in Manukau to have this looked at along with some other items, they spent some hours looking at it and trying to diagnose and they have informed me that at software update is required, though a target firmware was not provided. There are a lot of users with this problem, if you look in the US threads, seems to have been introduced sometime in Dec/January updates. They (Tesla) claimed if I had one of there branded Tesla Memory sticks it would be ok but some who have purchased the stick are still reporting issues.

The underlying issue seems to be having the Sentry mode turn off in certain locations such as your garage/home and the USB is not restored when the car gets woken from sleep state. A dual press reset normally brings it back for me but only until the next time I park at one of locations I have set to turn Sentry off.
Haha i don’t feel special!

Now that its colder it actually is a good prompt for me to pre-condition the cabin and that usually works!

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron

I had sansung T5 SSD for sentry mode . Tried all kinds of different formats, reparationing to smaller drive.iit would go for a while then random issues with it crashing seeking or trying to play clips...no end of fun. Could never rely on it

Swapped to bog standard USB stick
It's been fine since

I was being cheeky and try to enter the correct lane at last moment as there was large gap, car behind me was being aggressive trying to speed up so either we crash or i couldn't join in... My model Y put on hazard lights by itself and turned them off once I was in lane and we had safe distance... something to do with collision detection feature, I believe.
Impressive
Don't think I'll be trying that for science tho

Yes, this was quite confusing. Parked, took off seat belt, and the car complained and gave the seat belt warning. How am I supposed to get out of the car without taking it off, so what is it complaining about?
it's just a bug... they mess it up all times during update, by breaking existing features....
as car is technically never off unless powered off, maybe new algorithm is aggressively/incorrectly pushing seatbelt error and not able to differentiate that car is in Park mode.