Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software Updates for Model 3 New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the wiper thing obviously hit a nerve, great to now have a "Manual" override when you go through a torrent of rain.
I did wonder how you'd increase the volume of your favourite bit of music as you drove through it, given you are using the LH scrollwheel to set wiper speed.
No matter, the programmers thought of that one, just be patient and control will return in due course.
Then you can turn up the volume.
But bless their cotton socks, there is a forgotten handshake; if you then click the wiper switch again, it has remembered the volume increase as a request to wipe frantically! :) Ah the Tesla Multiverse...

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli and Audietron
So the wiper thing obviously hit a nerve, great to now have a "Manual" override when you go through a torrent of rain.
I did wonder how you'd increase the volume of your favourite bit of music as you drove through it, given you are using the LH scrollwheel to set wiper speed.
No matter, the programmers thought of that one, just be patient and control will return in due course.
Then you can turn up the volume.
But bless their cotton socks, there is a forgotten handshake; if you then click the wiper switch again, it has remembered the volume increase as a request to wipe frantically! :) Ah the Tesla Multiverse...
manually able to turn wipers on and work is definitely time loop... nostalgic for all of us remember wiper before auto mode, in 90's..
my trusty old Audi A8 in 2005 used to have adaptive sound, so when in carwash or thunderstorm or heavy rain, sound automatically adapts to surrounding and increases and reduces as necessary. technology is going backwards...

• Funny
Reactions: Ecoli
I could've sworn my Tesla got louder when faster, back when?
But surely a wishlist that can be made true, would be Active Noise Cancellation for our chip seal roads?
I mean, all it takes is a reasonable microphone (Tick) and Surround Sound (Tick, Tick) that can handle 200-500 Hz

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I could've sworn my Tesla got louder when faster, back when?
But surely a wishlist that can be made true, would be Active Noise Cancellation for our chip seal roads?
I mean, all it takes is a reasonable microphone (Tick) and Surround Sound (Tick, Tick) that can handle 200-500 Hz
all new Tesla are much more noisier themselves PWS makes unpleasant sounds for everyone to hear at odd times.

Anyone else having network outage issues for last few weeks? randomly network not available, every time need to reset with 2 scroll wheels, such inconvenience when driving as can't see navigation and once reset and screen back on another few minutes before it picks network again.

Anyone else having network outage issues for last few weeks? randomly network not available, every time need to reset with 2 scroll wheels, such inconvenience when driving as can't see navigation and once reset and screen back on another few minutes before it picks network again.
I had a similar issue when Tesla upgraded my MCU. They replaced the SIM and reception improved substantially.

2024.20.1 mot much for my old girl (M3 2019)
Autopilot suspension
Beach buggy racing supercharger races
Security improvements
similar for all... except FSD changed a bit... more confident... hazard lights etc. comes on itself...
Auto park is now over confident or flat out stupid... at New World it offered to park when I position car to park - I was like, lets allow - long story short, it turned car wrongly and continue trying to park on trolley holding place - so fricking stupid... half the people around laughing knowing it's stupid Tesla - so good laughs at cost of my utterly stupid car.

similar for all... except FSD changed a bit... more confident... hazard lights etc. comes on itself...
Auto park is now over confident or flat out stupid... at New World it offered to park when I position car to park - I was like, lets allow - long story short, it turned car wrongly and continue trying to park on trolley holding place - so fricking stupid... half the people around laughing knowing it's stupid Tesla - so good laughs at cost of my utterly stupid car.
Hopefully we get the actual new autopark based on FSD to our cars soon. Taiwan has it so hopefully rest of world soon.

$8000 FSD package has had no updates to outside of USA.

Yep started happening with 2024.14.xx
Maybe that's part of the reason why there has been so many updates so soon

Happened again to me today, car was asleep all day
Came out to the car , no data connection scroll wheel reboot it's back again
Also had it happen when car is connected to wireless, car was asleep overnight
Car wakes, wireless connected, go to drive off, switches to data connection
no data connection. Only way to get it back 2 scroll wheel reboot

• Funny