Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I stumbled across this app for a solar dashboard. It’s pretty basic right now but the dev said he’s working on adding quite a few more things to the app soon. It’s available for Android and iOS and thinking about using it with a small tablet on the wall. Not as detailed yet as some other setups but this one doesn’t require any setup other than logging in with your Tesla account.
Nice. I’ll check it out.

Yeah. I think I’m off the Tesla add on or increase stage. I’m liking what Ecoflow is offering for off grid backup and power generation. You can do AC input out. So I started running Power to it. With my excess Solar production. Instead of selling it for 2.3 cents after lunch. I charge up my back house ecoflows. So I can keep the Air conditioner on auto 24 hours a day. I don’t have enough solar panels installed yet to max out the system. But if I set the AC to 80 degrees it can maintain it. Until I get home to work and finish building it out. Then I drop the temp down to 70. I love Tesla. They have paid me well over the years. With the stock price going UP. But I will not be adding any more PW’s. When I can get LFP of Grid storage for a cheaper price. It will have to be a 30-40% price drop on the old PW’s for me to buy a non LFP backup battery again. 😆

@DrewHou
I like it.

Reactions: DrewHou
Now you can get a High Interest loan with Tesla for 25 years. 😂
Fak That.

1694659652534.png

• Funny
@DrewHou
I like it.

I’m interested to see the next update. Dev said he’s working on diagnostic menus.

Reactions: Jones1
How’d you notice it? Just see it on the floor?
A couple of days after install. I saw a drops of blue coolant. On my Powerwall. I believe the drain or fill plug is on the right side of the inverter plus. I saw on Reddit and this Forum. They install them and don’t routine the equipment(tighten connections and etc…) That’s the first thing you do after you install any equipment. That has been stored in a warehouse and shipped on the back of a truck. I guess my install guys missed it.

EcoFlow has a nice app.
They also have features that make it easy for a DIY whole home backup ( not what I’m trying to do). Tesla is still the cheapest route to go for a whole home backup and Solar. But if you are doing something on a small level. It’s perfect.
Since I don’t have enough solar panels installed yet and it’s hot as hell. To keep my AC running in my shed. I set the temperature to 80 degrees. I ran a 100 ft waterproof extension cord to the back of my shed. So I can charge from the excess Solar my panels produce when no one is home. I plugged the extension cord into a HomeKit smart plug. The. I set timers to turn on and off the outlet. So during peak hours. It won’t charge from my homes power. It will only charge during off peak times. Still tinkering with the setup. But it’s working fine so far. I plan to run conduit in the ground later. Way Way later. 😆
So can have a 110 input and output. Coming in at my garage or patio.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.png
    IMG_6418.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6419.png
    IMG_6419.png
    157 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6420.png
    IMG_6420.png
    289.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6421.png
    IMG_6421.png
    414.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Love
EcoFlow has a nice app.
They also have features that make it easy for a DIY whole home backup ( not what I’m trying to do). Tesla is still the cheapest route to go for a whole home backup and Solar. But if you are doing something on a small level. It’s perfect.
Since I don’t have enough solar panels installed yet and it’s hot as hell. To keep my AC running in my shed. I set the temperature to 80 degrees. I ran a 100 ft waterproof extension cord to the back of my shed. So I can charge from the excess Solar my panels produce when no one is home. I plugged the extension cord into a HomeKit smart plug. The. I set timers to turn on and off the outlet. So during peak hours. It won’t charge from my homes power. It will only charge during off peak times. Still tinkering with the setup. But it’s working fine so far. I plan to run conduit in the ground later. Way Way later. 😆
So can have a 110 input and output. Coming in at my garage or patio.
Does Ecoflow have a 220v solution? I'm planning an off-grid system on top of a pool equipment shed to run all of my pool equipment from solar, but I would require 220v for the pool pump and pool heater. I have a 12' x 24' south facing roof to fill with panels, and have started looking at potential solutions.

Does Ecoflow have a 220v solution? I'm planning an off-grid system on top of a pool equipment shed to run all of my pool equipment from solar, but I would require 220v for the pool pump and pool heater. I have a 12' x 24' south facing roof to fill with panels, and have started looking at potential solutions.
Ecoflow has a Delta Pro that supports 240V.

Reactions: Matt-FL and Jones1
240volt

Honestly if I knew I would have gotten a deal on the extra battery at the time I was ordering the Delta Max 2. I would probably gotten the pro. It can stack up to 25kWh of energy. Over kill for my project. But it’s LFP.
I may add the pro for my garage setup later.

Reactions: Matt-FL
So you can cross the batteries from Gen 1 with Gen 2 LFP. I asked Ecoflow on the website chat. About crossing a Max with a Pro. I was told yes. Then later I asked again and I was told no. The Delta 2 Max limits at 6kWh of storage. Which is plenty more than I need currently.
It’s 2048 watts per unit.
Solar array for the max is 1kWh.
For the Pro it’s 1.6kWh Solar.
I have 640 watts connected to my D2Max. The highest I’ve seen is about 75%of that. Which is normal. Until I figure out the best angles and mounting. I’m a rookie. 😆

Anyone have their lights flicker? Light they are about to lose power? But when you check. You are still running on PW and not using the grid.
Just happened to me.
Yep happens to me anytime the grid goes out for a bit. Everything goes down for a second and then comes back up even when I was running on PWs the entire time. It’s maddening to me since then I have to go reset my oven clock 😂. I spoke with Tesla about it and they said it’s normal behavior to lose power when the grid goes down even if I wasn’t running on the grid at the time. 🤷

Mine has been that way since install and with so much construction in the area the power flickers a lot. Today I lost power for a few minutes when the rain storms came through but been solid since.

Yep happens to me anytime the grid goes out for a bit. Everything goes down for a second and then comes back up even when I was running on PWs the entire time. It’s maddening to me since then I have to go reset my oven clock 😂. I spoke with Tesla about it and they said it’s normal behavior to lose power when the grid goes down even if I wasn’t running on the grid at the time. 🤷

Mine has been that way since install and with so much construction in the area the power flickers a lot. Today I lost power for a few minutes when the rain storms came through but been solid since.
Thanks. I thought I was tripping. I moved up my Reserve to 35%. Just in case. 😆

• Funny
I just sent Tesla Electric. My last will and testament . 😆
My 12 month experience is over in November. After this. I will sign a free nights plan and Buy a Rivian. 😂 jk. CyberTruck for me. Whenever Elon stops his culture wars and Produces them. 😆

1694747218251.png

• Funny
I just sent Tesla Electric. My last will and testament . 😆
My 12 month experience is over in November. After this. I will sign a free nights plan and Buy a Rivian. 😂 jk. CyberTruck for me. Whenever Elon stops his culture wars and Produces them. 😆

It has been interesting to see your experience with Tesla Electric so thanks again for sharing it. I just checked the Tesla Electric estimated bill in my app and happier by the day I chose to go with free nights. July is the last month they have an estimate for me and they show it would have cost me almost 190 dollars. August I used even more grid power and less excess to sell than July so I will be interested to see that when they update it.

I know bigger systems have more of an advantage but I really appreciate them adding that to the app so I can see if I am missing out or not. I asked for it in several surveys and emails when they first announced Tesla Electric so definitely shows they are listening.