Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m only at -$114 so far, but that is why I think I need another PW. Tonight, I quit selling at over $2.00/kWh because my PWs ran out of power. I still have not got my August bill yet, so maybe I’ll be close to $400.
I haven’t gotten a bill or statement since July.
This is the 3rd time. I have not gotten a statement. Weird but I’ll take it. 😆

I’m only at -$114 so far, but that is why I think I need another PW. Tonight, I quit selling at over $2.00/kWh because my PWs ran out of power. I still have not got my August bill yet, so maybe I’ll be close to $400.
Even if I got another PW my system wouldn't be able to support it and charge both. Crazy because Tesla Solar was originally recommending 2 and if it wasn't for Grid Charging I doubt it would even top out one on cloudy days.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Just a word of caution to those using VPP, it appears to affect your warranty.

1694110693372.png

VPP falls into the second category, so your warranty drops into the 70% at 37.8MWh of aggregate throughput.

Unless someone can validate this is not the case?

Reactions: Jones1

View attachment 971712

VPP falls into the second category, so your warranty drops into the 70% at 37.8MWh of aggregate throughput.

The two guys I know in VPP. Had Vivint Solar install their PW2’s. They have a warranty from Vivint. Not sure if Vivint would screw them over for being in VPP.
Maybe that’s why Tesla Solar install customers are not in yet. Well PW+ owners.

View attachment 971712

That's still 2,800 cycles of the supposed "up to 4,000 cycles" in its 20-year lifespan. Not sure how the first allows for unlimited cycles unless they calculate it would be impossible to exceed a certain number of less than 2,800 if you're just using it for your home. Maybe the update to LFP will remove that restriction.

@DrewHou @wiltoking
Just an update on my systems that did not charge batteries from grid to 100% during free night period.
I called Tesla support and put a ticket in. They emailed me back that they changed some configurations. I tested it last few nights and it started filling batteries at 9pm and run the house until 7AM.

Also got my PW frequency to lower to 62.5 Hz to avoid tripping up UPS.

Well finally got a RaspberryPi delivered at MSRP and had time to get Powerwall Dashboard installed. Oh boy, took a couple of tries, a bunch of googlefoo, and reviving thousands of dead/dormant braincells that hadn't been used in two decades but got it working! Even have an old iPad setup to view the dashboard and just need to mount it somewhere. Pretty happy with myself :)

1694194004156.png

For those of you that already have it, do you leave the Grafana Dashboard refresh at 5m (top right) or changed it?