Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So when I switched I went with Just Energy because they were the only ones that had the 100% green included AND had the longest lock in of 3 years. Those were my top priorities in a free night plan so that was my choice at the time. Although plans seem to change often so ymmv. 😆
My Wife is home most of the week 4 days out of 7. She can charge from solar with no problem. It’s me that will need to charge at night. I work 5-6 days a week. I usually get home around 4- 7 pm. I said all of that. To ask. How are you charging your two Tesla’s? At night for both Tesla’s? I have one Tesla now. But I will have two soon. If Elon stops with his Culture Wars and get my CyberTruck out. lol

My Wife is home most of the week 4 days out of 7. She can charge from solar with no problem. It’s me that will need to charge at night. I work 5-6 days a week. I usually get home around 4- 7 pm. I said all of that. To ask. How are you charging your two Tesla’s? At night for both Tesla’s? I have one Tesla now. But I will have two soon. If Elon stops with his Culture Wars and get my CyberTruck out. lol
Yeah right now I have it scheduled to charge at 9 when the free nights kick in. With the S bigger battery I can get away with charging every 3-4 days or so most nights I just plug in the M3 until it’s the time for the S to charge up. Although I plan to add a second wall connector to the garage that way they can both charge up every night at 9pm. I turned off charge on solar that way I know I sell enough excess to cover the monthly charges that add on.

Reactions: Jones1
Also @Jones1 not sure if this is helpful but here’s a comparison between what Tesla Energy shows as an estimate for last month vs my actual Just Energy bill. Keep in mind that TE is looking at just August and JE is a billing period not aligned with the full month. For my house I ended up still being better off with free nights even accounting for the crazy payouts on some of those hot days. Also I know you have more excess than I do so that shifts things too. But hopefully it helps to see both side by side.

Attachments

• IMG_5467.jpeg
    IMG_5467.jpeg
    352.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_5466.png
    IMG_5466.png
    258.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Love
Also @Jones1 not sure if this is helpful but here’s a comparison between what Tesla Energy shows as an estimate for last month vs my actual Just Energy bill. Keep in mind that TE is looking at just August and JE is a billing period not aligned with the full month. For my house I ended up still being better off with free nights even accounting for the crazy payouts on some of those hot days. Also I know you have more excess than I do so that shifts things too. But hopefully it helps to see both side by side.
I just used your referral to sign up. If Tesla ever makes the VPP available or the unlimited charging available for PW+ or PW3 customers. Then I will think about switching back. After a year (10 months)of an average bill of $70 I’m done. 😆
Thanks

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DrewHou
I just used your referral to sign up. If Tesla ever makes the VPP available to the unlimited charging available for PW+ or PW3 customers. Then I will think about switching back. After a year (10 months)of an average bill of $70 I’m done. 😆
Thanks
Nice! Yeah that seems high especially when you add the solar payment to it! I could sell more excess energy if I wanted to but I prioritize comfort over 3 cents haha but it will be interesting to see how things compare once you make the switch over.

Also be sure to activate the sell back they just needed a copy of my PTO and it was active by my first bill.

I will also be buying a Tesla Wall Connector and some wire to install in my garage. I already have the 60 amp breaker. Since Tesla won’t be offering V2G anytime soon or ever.
That would be the dream is being able to plug into my big battery in the S for my house. Extra 100kwh on tap would mean never worrying in an outage. But I bet money when and IF they decide to offer it it will be new cars only and who knows what else wiring wise haha.

I love my wall connector although serious first world problem… I wish that now that they show it in the app they would also sync my MyQ garage door status because everytime I look at my app and my cars not plugged in I immediately freak thinking I left my garage door open. Haha

Attachments

• IMG_5487.jpeg
    IMG_5487.jpeg
    559.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Funny
I just want to clarify for future readers or viewers of this thread.
Tesla Solar is the cheapest install you can get.
What Tesla Solar can’t or won’t do is the customization that you may want.
No Vehicle to Grid.
No LFP install with the current older Battery chemistry ( Nickel Cobalt).
No Vehicle unlimited charging for Customers with a Powerwall+.
Tesla is great. I’ve made (from the stock) and saved (from not paying for gas) a lot of money from Tesla.
But Tesla has its limits. Like any company that is trying to make a profit. They stay in their lane.
That’s why we have Companies like Span for Smart Panels.
EcoFlow for off Grid and home backup systems.
I love EcoFlow for small back house project. I will continue to add more to the system over time.
LFP is the near future. So if you are looking at adding to your system or getting a new Solar and Battery system. You need to look into LFP.
Spend the money you can afford

Not sure if it’s from the phone call and emails from Friday. With Tesla Electric Powerwall Support and others. They told me they would push an update to my PW software. When I complained about charging my PW at night. When I didn’t need it. In Tesla Electric mode. But now there is an option to use Self Powered mode.
It could also be the Email I sent them yesterday. Saying ✌🏽
😂
I did update my Tesla App today or yesterday. Via the Apple App Store. Didn’t see any of this until now.
Also just checked my Pixel Fold. The Tesla App is the same. No Android update though. Hopefully this change will help others. Too late to help me until Next Summer. If I switch back. 😆

Attachments

• IMG_6677.png
    IMG_6677.png
    223.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6676.jpeg
    IMG_6676.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6675.png
    IMG_6675.png
    440.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6674.jpeg
    IMG_6674.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 22
Anyone tried or looked into this for home charging? I’ve seen a few reviews. Might be a good option for multiple EV’s. Like I will have soon.
Grizzl-E Duo Level 2 Plug in EV Charger, up to 40 Amp, Two 24 feet Premium Cables (14-50 Plug) Amazon.com

Free Nighter’s
What plan are y’all on?
I know a few of you use Just Energy.
I have also looked at Amigo like others.
Preparing for my change in the next month or so.
I spoke with a representative for Just Energy yesterday. They do not pay or let you cash out buyback credits. You can roll them over month to month and year to year. I was told. They lock the buyback at .03 per KWh. Not bad.
This is for the 100% Green free nights plan.
$175 cancel fee.
Still on Amigo, they have a small note that is up to their discretion to cashout the credits but they also have a bunch of other lawyer terms on how they can get out of it. In my case I don't produce to much so it evens out.

1696264052617.png

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Anyone tried or looked into this for home charging? I’ve seen a few reviews. Might be a good option for multiple EV’s. Like I will have soon.
Grizzl-E Duo Level 2 Plug in EV Charger, up to 40 Amp, Two 24 feet Premium Cables (14-50 Plug) Amazon.com
Yup, that is going to be a must when the wife gets an EV, don't produce enough solar to let one charge during the day with more than 5-10 kWh. Had family over with a rented M3 and it was a PIA to charge both during nights free. Had to walk to the garage at 2am to make sure mine got its juice.

Never got a Tesla Wall Connector installed so I'm good to go with my 14-50 plug :) and going with this one eventually NeoCharger

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
So curious question about these dual chargers…

How do people place these within the garage? I assume in the front middle of the garage. Otherwise you would be running over one with the car.

This is my biggest problem with only having one wall connector is it’s on the right side wall of my garage nearest my MS but if the 3 is plugged in and I want to leave in the S I have to go unplug the 3 to pull out. That’s why I want a second wall connector on the left side wall.

Dream setup would be charging cords that come from the ceiling though haha…

How do people place these within the garage? I assume in the front middle of the garage. Otherwise you would be running over one with the car.

This is my biggest problem with only having one wall connector is it’s on the right side wall of my garage nearest my MS but if the 3 is plugged in and I want to leave in the S I have to go unplug the 3 to pull out. That’s why I want a second wall connector on the left side wall.

I have 5 wall connectors in my garage, so easy to pay a car anywhere and get a nice short cable.

• Love
Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1

I’m having the same dilemma. I have a 14-50 on the left side of my garage towards the garage door. I’m thinking about installing a Tesla Wall connector. From my breaker box. That is mounted left side of the garage and run the emt across the ceiling. To pull in another EV. It’s the cost of Copper. Hat has me looking at other options. If the cable is long enough. The. Is you can rig it. To run higher above the first EV to drop down for the second EV. I saw a guy do that on YouTube. We are talking about 24 to 30 ft. Cheaper than the copper and emt. But still hard work for me. lol.

Yup, that is going to be a must when the wife gets an EV, don't produce enough solar to let one charge during the day with more than 5-10 kWh. Had family over with a rented M3 and it was a PIA to charge both during nights free. Had to walk to the garage at 2am to make sure mine got its juice.

Never got a Tesla Wall Connector installed so I'm good to go with my 14-50 plug :) and going with this one eventually NeoCharger
I like it.