Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be great if Tesla Electric or the PW itself could adjust your charge rate by your production. I do not have a Tesla Wall connector. I use the Mobile connector. So I don’t know if that would be needed. But to have the amp rate increase and decrease by your production during the day would be bad azz.

Reactions: DrewHou
It would be great if Tesla Electric or the PW itself could adjust your charge rate by your production. I do not have a Tesla Wall connector. I use the Mobile connector. So I don’t know if that would be needed. But to have the amp rate increase and decrease by your production during the day would be bad azz.
Just use ChargeHQ. Charge HQ - charge your EV from solar at home

• Love
  • Helpful
Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Wow
@power.saver

1673728296798.png

It handles multiple PW 2.5 inverters well. I have two and It automatically found the second inverter and lists all 4 strings. I think if you have multiple gateways (400 amp service?) you might have to run a separate dashboard for each gateway. You could run two separate dockers or VM’s and each one would track and show a separate dashboard. Just give each VM a different IP address and then you could use that to show both graphs on a single single screen with some html coding. I have a dak board type setup that I’m showing my flowgraph.
I have 600 Amp service which breaks down into 3 separate 200 amp service shutoff boxes. Each box serves a tesla gateway, 2 inverters and 2 powerwalls.
In my Tesla app, i have to swipe to see production for each system.

I have 600 Amp service which breaks down into 3 separate 200 amp service shutoff boxes. Each box serves a tesla gateway, 2 inverters and 2 powerwalls.
In my Tesla app, i have to swipe to see production for each system.
Are they Hiring? I’m a fast learner. Good with my hands. 😂 You are the Man. Wish to join you soon. Hopefully my Tesla investments. Will get me there. 😂

Let me ask you. Do you turn it off? At anytime of the week? So I will not be charging from Solar during M-F. Only weekends. I do see the setting for any day of the week. I will of course pick those days. Just asking.

And. THANK YOU!!!! 🙏🏽
I turn it off (with the Schedule Charging setting) only during my TOU peak (4-9pm daily). Otherwise, it's on. So I can charge from solar during the day, and if not full by sundown, then again from grid starting at 9pm.

Reactions: Jones1
Oh wow I have been looking for something to do exactly what ChargeHQ does. I agree 1000% Tesla needs to buy this out. Now I am even happier with my setup. Does anyone know how this works with two cars and two chargers?
It works with multiple vehicles, but only one at a time.

Multiple Vehicles​

If you have multiple vehicles visible from your Tesla account Charge HQ will allow you to select one vehicle to control. Only one vehicle can be controlled by Charge HQ at any time. You can switch between vehicles using the drop-down on the home screen.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
It works with multiple vehicles, but only one at a time.

Multiple Vehicles​

If you have multiple vehicles visible from your Tesla account Charge HQ will allow you to select one vehicle to control. Only one vehicle can be controlled by Charge HQ at any time. You can switch between vehicles using the drop-down on the home screen.
Thanks! I don’t picture charging both at the same time but good to know. Man this thread has been pure gold for me. This app has reignited my hype 😂

@DrewHou I believe you said you are on the 1 gig fiber plan. I’m looking into the Orbi 900 series and the 860 series. I only have a pixel phone that can do the 6E. So it’s a toss up for me. Choosing one over the other. Only a $400 difference. Both have the back haul capability.
Are you expecting to upgrade to the 2gig or 5gig? The fiber modem can do up to 5gig.
Just asking.

Reactions: DrewHou
@DrewHou I believe you said you are on the 1 gig fiber plan. I’m looking into the Orbi 900 series and the 860 series. I only have a pixel phone that can do the 6E. So it’s a toss up for me. Choosing one over the other. Only a $400 difference. Both have the back haul capability.
Are you expecting to upgrade to the 2gig or 5gig? The fiber modem can do up to 5gig.
Just asking.
Yeah I plan to stick to my 1gig speed for now since I don’t have the use for more at the moment. However at these prices I’m hoping to not have to buy a new router for a good while. The most important things for me was capacity and future proofing. The 960 seemed to be the best bet for both of those things. It may be a little overkill for me now but when new smarthome devices come out with 6E I know I’ll be ready.