Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But you know it's the right path to go. Renewable energy is the future. My neighbors are all oil and gas employees but they all have Tesla cars and looking to put on solar. They been asking about my solar roof system.
I just moved to a new location for employment. Big Oil and Gas. 😆
They have two garages. Two different buildings. Twins. The executive building. I parked at this week. I counted at least 8 Teslas. The non executive building. Had mostly contractors. I counted 3 EV’s. A Polestar and 2 Tesla’s. It’s good to know the people that can afford an EV. Are at least buying them.

Reactions: DrewHou
Yeah I plan to stick to my 1gig speed for now since I don’t have the use for more at the moment. However at these prices I’m hoping to not have to buy a new router for a good while. The most important things for me was capacity and future proofing. The 960 seemed to be the best bet for both of those things. It may be a little overkill for me now but when new smarthome devices come out with 6E I know I’ll be ready.
I’m going 960 and upgrading to the 2gig for $100. You’ve convinced me. Don’t tell my wife. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Wow Wi-Fi 7
I might finally take the jump. I made my mess network out of a whole bunch of older routers. Might be time to spend the money
and put in a true mesh network

Reactions: Jones1
I might finally take the jump. I made my mess network out of a whole bunch of older routers. Might be time to spend the money
and put in a true mesh network
This Wi-Fi 7 deco is sold out. I currently have a Orbi RBR20 works great. It’s a 20+ device router. I’m way over that. I’m around 60-70 devices. So I definitely need to upgrade to a 100+ device router. Soon.

I’m also debating on selling my wife’s hybrid for a model 3 or another Y. It’s only costing us $800 to fuel per year. She only drives to work 3 days a week. We have a low interest rate. But I would love to have 2 EV’s. To take advantage of the Solar Production. While I’m at work. She could be charging or 2nd EV. I would let her Drive my Tesla. But I’m not driving an ICE vehicle. Unless I get paid too. 😆

Wow. Can we see a list please? :D
It’s a little lighter currently. My wife is at work. 😆 I also have a couple of computers that go directly to the AT&T modem.

1673800829760.png

I went the cheaper route on the router. TP link. Amazon had a $40 off. 6E. It’s says up to 200 devices.
No 10G Ethernet port. But I only have Fiber 1gig speed now. I’ll send back if it’s not better than my current Orbi. My current Orbi is 20 + devices and it’s 5 years old at least.

TP-Link Deco AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System(Deco XE75) - Covers up to 7200 Sq.Ft, Replaces WiFi Router and Extender, AI-Driven Mesh, New 6GHz Band, 3-Pack https://a.co/d/fTidmcI

There is no competitor for Powerwall, unlike in the car segment.
In the future, maybe battery materials get cheaper which will result in more efficient products.

I am on Enphase and think it's a good competitor and probably biased, but a better option for me. LFP, working generator support, planned v2h, cost wasn't anymore than Tesla if you went with a 3rd party installer. One benefit is Powerwall ties into a Tesla EV better though.

I've always felt Tesla solar, if anything was nothing special.

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1