Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I looked at Shell, all their EFL's said the buyback was at RTW - Real-Time Wholesale prices that update every 5 minutes with supply/demand and are published by ERCOT. They average ~3c kWh but can spike up to 500 ¢/kWh during peak demand periods. The EFL you posted earlier had it at a fixed rate but I couldn't find that on their website.

View attachment 865143

So this is basically the same for me as long as I keep my "Free Night Time" usage at greater than 50% of the monthly billed. In other words, I pay for all at 33c kWh but half is free so it's actually 16.5c kWh. The more used at night the better it is for now.

I think that real-time market would be best if you knew for a fact that you'll be overproducing when the grid is the highest during the summer days. If you're like me, I need the AC as much as the rest of Texas so using most of what the sun gives me. Like @wiltoking I prob exported less than 100 per the entire month. I literally prob got $2.00 a month in credit if I was lucky. So that export again didn't matter at all for me. However in the cooler months like right now I do find myself exporting more which is where you start building export credit, but this clears out at the end of the calendar year. I stand zero chance of having any unused credit on Dec 31st because of the EV.

Looking at all these posted EFLs, I'm seeing much lower rates than what I removed under 2 months ago at the peak summer. Not sure if it's the overall cost of things starting to come down like natural gas or typical seasonal changes.

I saw an updated post on Tesla VPP for Texas in my news feed last night: ERCOT approves pilot allowing Tesla VPPs

Very promising just to see what Tesla does. I assume they might incentivize solar+PW owners to join by covering contract termination fees. I may be in since I'm in plan-limbo always in my efforts now to switch to a free N/Ws. If I was Tesla, I would want as many Texans as possible part of the VPP by spring to show the progress during the summer peaks.

Reactions: wiltoking
Looking at all these posted EFLs, I'm seeing much lower rates than what I removed under 2 months ago at the peak summer. Not sure if it's the overall cost of things starting to come down like natural gas or typical seasonal changes.

Rates did come down, I actually called Amigo Energy back and canceled my renewal at 33c kWh, we redid the same plan but at 29.2c kWh instead. Any bit of savings is always good.

Reactions: Jones1
Tesla Energy has updated its website to show my project has utility approval and they're now scheduling the install. How long did it take everyone to know when they have a date?
I contacted Tesla at 8am Via text. They responded at 8:30am. They told me thanks for the update. Then around 10-11 am. They sent another text saying I had a date scheduled for installation.

Reactions: wiltoking
Does anyone think. I could get the Tesla Solar install guy’s to install a Tesla Wall Connector?
I currently have a Nema 14-50 installed. I was thinking since they will already have my circuit panel open. I could get them to install the TWC. I have already asked over the phone with a Tesla rep. They told me no. Has anyone got a Tesla Wall Connector installed and powerwall at the same time?

Does anyone think. I could get the Tesla Solar install guy’s to install a Tesla Wall Connector?
I currently have a Nema 14-50 installed. I was thinking since they will already have my circuit panel open. I could get them to install the TWC. I have already asked over the phone with a Tesla rep. They told me no. Has anyone got a Tesla Wall Connector installed and powerwall at the same time?

Not while they're on the Tesla clock but some of them will be licensed electricians and might be open to a side gig.

This morning I received a text that a Tesla technician was en route to my home. I happened to be on vacation today so I was home but all materials were delivered ahead of my install of Monday and Tuesday. The guy said I should have been made aware of the day and time he was supposed to arrive but I didn’t. So heads up to those with install dates. I’m excited but now let’s see if the weather decides to be cruel to me next week.
278585EF-590D-4C51-BCB4-7A6BA011A33B.jpeg

This morning I received a text that a Tesla technician was en route to my home. I happened to be on vacation today so I was home but all materials were delivered ahead of my install of Monday and Tuesday. The guy said I should have been made aware of the day and time he was supposed to arrive but I didn’t. So heads up to those with install dates. I’m excited but now let’s see if the weather decides to be cruel to me next week. View attachment 866119
Thanks for the tip. I was going to take off. The day’s of my install. But I may just call in. I pretty sure the date I have for installation will change. I hope they don’t scratch up my Epoxy garage floor. With the pallets. 😆

Reactions: DrewHou
Thanks for the tip. I was going to take off. The day’s of my install. But I may just call in. I pretty sure the date I have for installation will change. I hope they don’t scratch up my Epoxy garage floor. With the pallets. 😆
Yeah I was getting my garage floors epoxied last month but I needed up having to leave town for a bit and the way they used the second pallet to shove the first one in across the floor soooo glad I waited. So might want to watch for that when they drop off the materials.

• Funny
Update: So my install date was Monday and Today. However, things are taking longer than planned so after they wrapped up today it’s still not finished. I now have a new appointment for Saturday to complete the work. I have solar panels leaned up against my back fence which makes me a bit nervous. The other issue is the power walls are setup but for some reason not under the same account as my car. Now I have two Tesla accounts and support is of zero help getting that fixed. Hopefully the installers can help me out on Saturday with getting that corrected.

Also the installers are amazing! I just wish the rest of Tesla was as great with customers as the install team is. Now I’m just trying to wait patiently until Saturday.

9.2kw solar panels and 2 PW+

Update: So my install date was Monday and Today. However, things are taking longer than planned so after they wrapped up today it’s still not finished. I now have a new appointment for Saturday to complete the work. I have solar panels leaned up against my back fence which makes me a bit nervous. The other issue is the power walls are setup but for some reason not under the same account as my car. Now I have two Tesla accounts and support is of zero help getting that fixed. Hopefully the installers can help me out on Saturday with getting that corrected.

Also the installers are amazing! I just wish the rest of Tesla was as great with customers as the install team is. Now I’m just trying to wait patiently until Saturday.

9.2kw solar panels and 2 PW+
Thanks for the update.

When you add the powerwall or powerwall’s to your Tesla account? Do you scan something on the powerwall? I was under the impression that you scan a QR Code on the gateway or something. Then it adds to your account.
How do the panels look? Pictures? 😆

Sorry for the delay. Good luck this weekend.

So the installer added it to my account on his own which sent an email to a variation of my email address (added a .) I didn’t realize this until they were gone. I think I just need to ask support to remove my system from the account and that way I can scan the QR code and get it to work that way again. Since it says “system is already registered to another user”

Here’s a few pictures of the current state of the panels until Saturday. They got the smaller arrays done, now have the large one to install then add the side pieces and paint the conduit. So close but so far away haha.
46C4CBDE-0243-4E36-BC7E-176DFFB66C65.jpeg
471DF9A4-26A7-46CB-A6CC-1986F9A84AFD.jpeg
277EA913-B083-4C11-97A4-E64F4AEF0A63.jpeg

So the installer added it to my account on his own which sent an email to a variation of my email address (added a .) I didn’t realize this until they were gone. I think I just need to ask support to remove my system from the account and that way I can scan the QR code and get it to work that way again. Since it says “system is already registered to another user”

Here’s a few pictures of the current state of the panels until Saturday. They got the smaller arrays done, now have the large one to install then add the side pieces and paint the conduit. So close but so far away haha.
View attachment 867622View attachment 867623View attachment 867621
Ok. That happened when I ordered my MYP. I had already had a account that I made a few years ago. When I was deciding on ordering a model 3. I also had my CyberTruck preorder on another email / Tesla account. I sent a email to Tesla requesting they put it all together. It took awhile. So I called them to request everything got consolidated. They fixed everything.

The panels look great. I’ve been walking abd driving around. Looking at my neighbor’s Solar panels. The Tesla panels look the best. I like the true black color with the black border at the bottom. I also spoke with Tesla Solar about painting my conduit. They told me as long as I have the paint. They will be able to paint it.

Thanks for the pictures.

Reactions: DrewHou
I was shocked that Tesla scheduled everything for the same day. 12 kWh 1 PW system is small. But I didn’t think it was a 1 day job. I had to ask them. Are they sure it’s only a 1 day install? Tesla rep told me as long as the weather is good. They can GM do it all in 1 day.

Has anyone had their system installed in 1 day?

Ok. That happened when I ordered my MYP. I had already had a account that I made a few years ago. When I was deciding on ordering a model 3. I also had my CyberTruck preorder on another email / Tesla account. I sent a email to Tesla requesting they put it all together. It took awhile. So I called them to request everything got consolidated. They fixed everything.

The panels look great. I’ve been walking abd driving around. Looking at my neighbor’s Solar panels. The Tesla panels look the best. I like the true black color with the black border at the bottom. I also spoke with Tesla Solar about painting my conduit. They told me as long as I have the paint. They will be able to paint it.

Thanks for the pictures.
Nice I will reach out and get it sorted.

I agree, I looked at a lot of different panels but ultimately decided Tesla looked the best and getting approved for financing via Tesla didn’t even add a new hard pull since I had just financed my model S at roughly the same time. Best deal, look and financing it was a no-brainer for me.