Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Well at least I know I’m not the only one not seeing those options. I thought maybe it was my account messed up again haha. It would have been nice if the installers would have shown me the app or how it works but instead they just finished and left. Meanwhile, I found that my panel frames are also scratched to hell. I don’t want to be that customer that has a million issues but I also feel like the framing shouldn’t be damaged down to the pure metal on something I just paid 50 grand for. Here’s the picture of the frame, do you think I am being to picky since I can’t even see this stuff from the ground? View attachment 871459
If it’s only the frame. Then they will probably paint it. If it leads into the panel then they should definitely replace it.

Don’t worry about being that guy.
I’m that Guy to when I sign Paperwork to pay a large sum of money. It’s good you saw it. I’m looking for defects or problems. I told the guy Matt (Tesla Check the install guy) that they bent my gutter but I bent it back. I just got through washing the Tesla. So I plugged it back in and turn the system back on. Now I’m going to do a walk around the back of my house again. I’m still finding clips , bolts and wires in my back yard.

Boy you were so right. Im looking at the Tesla app. All day now. Every minute. It gets addictive. 😂

Reactions: DrewHou
Nice! Well at least I know I’m not the only one not seeing those options. I thought maybe it was my account messed up again haha. It would have been nice if the installers would have shown me the app or how it works but instead they just finished and left. Meanwhile, I found that my panel frames are also scratched to hell. I don’t want to be that customer that has a million issues but I also feel like the framing shouldn’t be damaged down to the pure metal on something I just paid 50 grand for. Here’s the picture of the frame, do you think I am being too picky since I can’t even see this stuff from the ground? View attachment 871459
Given where you live, yes it should be painted or replaced in my opinion. Do I think it is a big deal, no, but this wasn't a discount offer of dinged seconds. Just my $0.02...

All the best,

BG

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Well at least I know I’m not the only one not seeing those options.
Many of the app options being discussed will not show up until you have PTO and Tesla has given you full control. Other posters have also noted that they are unable to get much support or contact Tesla to resolve system issues until PTO.

Those module frames looked pretty banged up. Did you look over them when they were delivered or dropped off? Pretty sure Tesla only provides/uses new material but why such rough handling? 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Once the battery is full. Does the Solar system turnoff? Start using the battery until it needs to pull from the grid or needs to turn back on the solar? Or should I just put it in the off grid mode? As I’m typing this. I just realized.
That I should use the off grid mode.
You have Tesla inverters as part of a Powerwall+ setup, right? As long as you have the PTO slider in "OFF" then it won't export. If the Powerwall battery gets to 100%, the inverters will throttle solar production to only match your household draw. In my case, I would sometimes manually charge my car to keep solar from going to waste. Eventually I set up a Bitcoin mining rig to better monetize the spare solar generation.

You have Tesla inverters as part of a Powerwall+ setup, right? As long as you have the PTO slider in "OFF" then it won't export. If the Powerwall battery gets to 100%, the inverters will throttle solar production to only match your household draw. In my case, I would sometimes manually charge my car to keep solar from going to waste. Eventually I set up a Bitcoin mining rig to better monetize the spare solar generation.
Yes. Two inverters. Tesla

Bitcoin mining. Omg your my new Bestie. 😆

Ok I’m going to take the Tesla off the charger. Leave the system going. I need to run a errand (More Beer) before the game comes on.

I have the app set to No for PTO.
I did notice how my production would drop if the draw wasn’t that much. My battery has dropped to 80% now I think.

Dropped after I unplugged the Tesla

020DE75A-5984-47A6-A5BE-9FCFB3F97D8C.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes. Two inverters. Tesla

Bitcoin mining. Omg your my new Bestie. 😆

Lol, yeah. I have a free nights power plan so I don't really need all of my Powerwall capacity since I'm not trying to get through the entire night. With a sell back rate of $0.03/kwh from my retail provider, it made more sense to use the power to mine. My effective kwh "sell" rate jumps up to ~$0.15 or so based on my mining rate and the current Bitcoin pricing.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Many of the app options being discussed will not show up until you have PTO and Tesla has given you full control. Other posters have also noted that they are unable to get much support or contact Tesla to resolve system issues until PTO.

Those module frames looked pretty banged up. Did you look over them when they were delivered or dropped off? Pretty sure Tesla only provides/uses new material but why such rough handling? 🤷‍♂️
Ahhh that is good to know about the app / PTO thing. Thank you.

Yes I looked them over prior to install and everything was perfect. I wonder if this also explains the roof damage that the roofer said had dragging marks.

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Reactions: Jones1
Boy you were so right. Im looking at the Tesla app. All day now. Every minute. It gets addictive. 😂
So addictive… I have a widget setup to show my solar usage and electric usage on my iPhone, then I found a way to display it on the big screen on my refrigerator, and my Tesla app usage is up 500%.

I really feel like I work, sleep, and Tesla app lol I’m such a nerd.

Side note: Go Astros!!

So addictive… I have a widget setup to show my solar usage and electric usage on my iPhone, then I found a way to display it on the big screen on my refrigerator, and my Tesla app usage is up 500%.

I really feel like I work, sleep, and Tesla app lol I’m such a nerd.

Side note: Go Astros!!

Wait.
Wait.
Solar Widget? Is this the Tesla app Widget or third Party app widget?

Oh. I’m hooked. I got on my roof today. Took pictures of EMT. 😂.

Tesla did a good job of painting my EMT. Or conduit. Originally they laid coated board down on the floor of my garage. I was thinking it would take them a long time to paint it then let it dry. They installed it. Then they painted it. Did a better job than I would have done. I would have gotten paint all over my house.

0AE2D948-E03F-435D-BB1A-057245BD234C.jpeg3B841C39-1DF3-4686-A040-43B4330A7F49.jpeg59023B93-DF82-4E7A-BD68-5BB3EE51444B.jpeg

Oh. I’m hooked. I got on my roof today. Took pictures of EMT. 😂.

Tesla did a good job of painting my EMT. Or conduit. Originally they laid coated board down on the floor of my garage. I was thinking it would take them a long time to paint it then let it dry. They installed it. Then they painted it. Did a better job than I would have done. I would have gotten paint all over my house.
That blends in great. My biggest pet peeve is my breaker box is next to the shiny white beautiful Tesla gateway and my gray metal breaker box looks so bad next to it. So I bought some white vinyl car wrap and plan to wrap the breaker box door to match.

I really wanted to get a SPAN smart panel but I couldn’t justify the price at the moment.

Reactions: Jones1
That blends in great. My biggest pet peeve is my breaker box is next to the shiny white beautiful Tesla gateway and my gray metal breaker box looks so bad next to it. So I bought some white vinyl car wrap and plan to wrap the breaker box door to match.

Check my avatar picture, all white boxes. :D
I found and bought 18" wide shelf paper at Home Depot to experiment wrapping it along with that conduit.
Worked out well.

Check my avatar picture, all white boxes. :D
I found and bought 18" wide shelf paper at Home Depot to experiment wrapping it along with that conduit.
Worked out well.
Looks Great Bro. Great idea.
Does anyone know where people have been getting the Tesla Poster or sign for their garage? Most of the ones I’ve seen are Red and white. I’m going to check Amazon. It looks good though. I might get one. To create a Tesla atmosphere. 😆