Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have storm watch enabled. My PWs started getting grid charging around 1PM today because an arctic storm is coming TOMORROW NIGHT. :oops:The problem is my 2 PWs were at 85% full and my system was generating 5kW+ at that time... Why not doing grid charging tonight when the rate is super cheap for something happening 24 hrs later?

Hey Tesla, I'd have a side job for you to recode your algorithm.

• Helpful
Reactions: Jones1
I have storm watch enabled. My PWs started getting grid charging around 1PM today because an arctic storm is coming TOMORROW NIGHT. :oops:The problem is my 2 PWs were at 85% full and my system was generating 5kW+ at that time... Why not doing grid charging tonight when the rate is super cheap for something happening 24 hrs later?

What part of Texas are you in? Sorry I’m using the TMC app. I can’t see signature.
That’s early for storm watch. I’m in Houston. Figured it would go into storm watch tomorrow.

1671669039415.png

🤔

It’s annoying for sure but the algorithm seems to initiate when the NWS issues the warning/watch alert.

• Informative
Interesting I’m in Houston too with the same NWS watches and warnings as everyone else but storm watch hasn’t kicked in. I have my batteries at high state of charge anyways but thought I would get some sort of notification of it going active.

Weird af algorithm

View attachment 887763
First electric bill from reliant. I used 748 kWh of energy and the bill came to 6.40. A little over 500 kWh of that energy was car charging but I’m happy with my plan change.
Amazing. Thank you for Posting. If you keep this plan for 12 months. Keep posting. I’ll post my bill and plan. So people will now what they can expect. I know we have different usage. My usage will change next year. I may not be able to charge at work. I’m going to be in a different location. So I may want to switch. To a free night plan.

Others post your bill or plan as well. When I first went down the rabbit hole. I would of loved to have more info. From our area. To make better decisions. We could help others save from the Cancellation fee’s at least. 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: DrewHou
Lights flickered. Power still on at my house. No recorded event. Stay Ready. I’m in Humble/Atascocita. Wind is picking up pretty good.
F608C93A-5ECE-4205-B650-8E90A3D0BAA6.png

Summerwood area and all up and around lake Houston lost power about 40 minutes ago. Centerpoint ETA 8:30pm, I have 1 day 11 hours ready and heat on (gas) currently. I didn’t even realize until you posted and looked outside at how dark it looked beyond my Christmas lights hahaha

• Informative
My lights just flickered again. Street lights and neighbors have light. I just told the kids to turn Off the TV’s. 😆. I moved my back up reserve to 50% earlier. I will be moving it to 60/40 at 7pm. Or higher. I would love to make the coin. But I rather have the Heater on and the Dos Equis cold. Still no event recorded for me.

Haha! I am charging too. MS is at 90% and PW currently charging to 100% especially since the power was out for about a hour and a half already this evening.
Yeah. You right Bro. Why trust ERCOT. 100 for the PW. I maybe able to charge at work tomorrow. But you never know. I’ll probably charge back to 90 at work. I’m at 80 already.

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou