Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Spotify account login failure.

15Peter20

Oct 26, 2020
Norfolk
They don't give us yanks any free Spotify accounts. Out of curiosity, are you all using some default login, or does Tesla give each UK owner their own Spotify account?
I suspect it’s a generic Tesla account. The account name is mostly random letters and the password isn’t visible though, and I can no longer log in to see the account details, so it’s not clear whether it is unique or generic.

shuhockey

Dec 2, 2019
UK
Thank you to the person who suggested the fix. We had premium Spotify so logged in on the Tesla. We cancelled Spotify and couldn't get it to switch back to the free Tesla Spotify account. So I signed up with another account for the 3 months free Spotify, logged in on the Tesla and then logged out (very bottom of the Spotify home page), I was then able to sign into the Tesla account no problems. So if cancelling your Spotify account, just remember to log out on your Tesla before cancelling!

andyaight

Nov 21, 2020
Tutbury
Thank you to the person who suggested the fix. We had premium Spotify so logged in on the Tesla. We cancelled Spotify and couldn't get it to switch back to the free Tesla Spotify account. So I signed up with another account for the 3 months free Spotify, logged in on the Tesla and then logged out (very bottom of the Spotify home page), I was then able to sign into the Tesla account no problems. So if cancelling your Spotify account, just remember to log out on your Tesla before cancelling!
I just tried it and it worked for me too

Reactions: jpm777

Airtime0007

Nov 8, 2020
Uk
If you set up a Spotify account on a 3 month trial, it logs in fine. I was then able to log out of that and log back in with my Tesla account and it’s been fine since. Not ideal, but worked for me.
Fantastic work mate. I’ve just done as you suggested and it worked first time. Nice one

Reactions: jpm777

bobweiss

Feb 14, 2020
Prague
Had the same issue for about 2 weeks. didnt know about trick above, but factory reset helped. It was my first one, so I am wondering if anything else then user setting is lost.

VanillaAir_UK

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2019
Surrey, UK
I've never felt the need of a factory reset, certainly not something to habitually require. It would be a right pita if, as I suspect, it loses historical 'lifetime' trip settings. A habitual reboot after each update yes, a power down once, but a factory reset just seems a bit of a very, very, very last resort. imho.

bobweiss

Feb 14, 2020
Prague
Did you do this from menus?? Or the brake pedal/ steering wheel?

from menu... last resort for me,
the regular brake pedal/steering wheel didnt help, neither did xmas update
but it was quick, i didnt loose mobile key, just settings + trip meters (from what I can tell so far)

Drew57

Apr 4, 2020
Chester UK
I've never felt the need of a factory reset, certainly not something to habitually require. It would be a right pita if, as I suspect, it loses historical 'lifetime' trip settings. A habitual reboot after each update yes, a power down once, but a factory reset just seems a bit of a very, very, very last resort. imho.
Yes, virtually everything, as I found out last week. It also wipes all prior logs so Tesla have no historical visibility.

Reactions: VanillaAir_UK

Wuddie

Sep 18, 2020
Halesowen
from menu... last resort for me,
the regular brake pedal/steering wheel didnt help, neither did xmas update
but it was quick, i didnt loose mobile key, just settings + trip meters (from what I can tell so far)

yup did the full factory reset, took about 20 mins after the reset but now Spotify allows me to login.. absolutely insane that some of us had to resort to this to solve a login issue!!

Bernard_S

Jun 21, 2019
Kettering UK
Mine's not worked since the 12.1 update either, tried all the remedies, I'll give Tesla a call.

UPDATE

On 48.26 now, still not working. Spoke to Tesla support, asked me to do a soft reset. Did that whilst on the phone to them. Still not working. They said there is a problem with some Spotify accounts and they will add me to the list to be resolved. So not much I can do now but wait.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20

Wuddie

Sep 18, 2020
Halesowen
UPDATE

On 48.26 now, still not working. Spoke to Tesla support, asked me to do a soft reset. Did that whilst on the phone to them. Still not working. They said there is a problem with some Spotify accounts and they will add me to the list to be resolved. So not much I can do now but wait.
Do a factory reset ! Works wonders

Drew57

Apr 4, 2020
Chester UK
Do a factory reset ! Works wonders
Not necessarily.

I had to do this at the request of Tesla Tech last week & then the car reverted to original settings as built (although Spotify then worked).

Yesterday I updated to 48.26 & once again lost Spotify along with LTE - the only remedy being yet another factory reset. Something definitely not right.

Reactions: VanillaAir_UK

Airtime0007

Nov 8, 2020
Uk
Not necessarily.

I had to do this at the request of Tesla Tech last week & then the car reverted to original settings as built (although Spotify then worked)

Yesterday I updated to 48.26 & once again lost Spotify along with LTE - the only remedy being yet another factory reset. Something definitely not right.
The solutions above works. Sign up for a free Spotify trial then cancel it.

Bernard_S

Jun 21, 2019
Kettering UK
UPDATE

UPDATE #2
Tesla have sorted it now, not sure how but they sent an Email asking if it was fixed. No factory reset required.

newt511

Mar 18, 2021
Tampa Bay FL
I couldn't log in to Spotify Premium after recent software update on my 2020 mod 3. Turns out i needed to use the (long, messy, randomized) Spotify-assigned username, not my email address, which worked before. Spotify will remind you of your username via email if you request a new password. Don't forget to save it somewhere for future use. Thanks to Tesla tech for the tip.
Newt

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC