Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Spotify account login failure.

15Peter20

Oct 26, 2020
Norfolk
Anybody else had this happen? 2 weeks into ownership and so with plenty of my Premium Connectivity trial to go, but Spotify logged me out 2 days ago and hasn’t allowed me to log back in using the Tesla account since then.

Wuddie

Sep 18, 2020
Halesowen
Yup this happened to me, had the 48.12.1 update, it worked for a week or so after The update but since Monday I've not been able to get Spotify to work. I'm in a 2021 long range m3

Discoducky

P100DL, 2021 M3, 3 CT reservations and counting
Dec 25, 2011
Seattle
We had this happen on our Dec 8th delivery of our M3 2021. It would not log in, but since this is my 4th Tesla, didn't change any of the settings (login or pw) and magically started working in 2 weeks. YMMV

Killer_Catz

Nov 13, 2020
UK
If you set up a Spotify account on a 3 month trial, it logs in fine. I was then able to log out of that and log back in with my Tesla account and it’s been fine since. Not ideal, but worked for me.

how did you log out? I'm trying to change the account in my car, but it won't seem to forget my current login.

kelvin 660

Aug 21, 2020
Stonehouse
When in Spotify on the cars screen, select a track to play. Briefly there is a 'Log Out' button displayed on the right hand side of the Spotify screen. You have to be quick to hit this - I had a couple of goes and then I was logged out. After this the 'Use Tesla Account' appears and you can log in with that.

Wuddie

Sep 18, 2020
Halesowen
Just updated to 48.26 and still can't login to Spotify, will do a soft and hard reset tomorrow, if that doesn't work I'll give Tesla a call

andyaight

Nov 21, 2020
Tutbury
Anybody else had this happen? 2 weeks into ownership and so with plenty of my Premium Connectivity trial to go, but Spotify logged me out 2 days ago and hasn’t allowed me to log back in using the Tesla account since then.
Yes happened to me also, I have set up a three month personal account trial to use it, but someone mentioned that logging out of a personal account seems to allow logging back into the Tesla account to work. I have not tried to yet.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
They don't give us yanks any free Spotify accounts. Out of curiosity, are you all using some default login, or does Tesla give each UK owner their own Spotify account?

Airtime0007

Nov 8, 2020
Uk
They don't give us yanks any free Spotify accounts. Out of curiosity, are you all using some default login, or does Tesla give each UK owner their own Spotify account?
We have a button that says use Tesla account. You press that and it logs straight in. Well, it does when it’s not broken.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC