Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Spotify account login failure.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They don't give us yanks any free Spotify accounts. Out of curiosity, are you all using some default login, or does Tesla give each UK owner their own Spotify account?
I suspect it’s a generic Tesla account. The account name is mostly random letters and the password isn’t visible though, and I can no longer log in to see the account details, so it’s not clear whether it is unique or generic.

Thank you to the person who suggested the fix. We had premium Spotify so logged in on the Tesla. We cancelled Spotify and couldn't get it to switch back to the free Tesla Spotify account. So I signed up with another account for the 3 months free Spotify, logged in on the Tesla and then logged out (very bottom of the Spotify home page), I was then able to sign into the Tesla account no problems. So if cancelling your Spotify account, just remember to log out on your Tesla before cancelling!

Thank you to the person who suggested the fix. We had premium Spotify so logged in on the Tesla. We cancelled Spotify and couldn't get it to switch back to the free Tesla Spotify account. So I signed up with another account for the 3 months free Spotify, logged in on the Tesla and then logged out (very bottom of the Spotify home page), I was then able to sign into the Tesla account no problems. So if cancelling your Spotify account, just remember to log out on your Tesla before cancelling!
I just tried it and it worked for me too

Reactions: jpm777
I've never felt the need of a factory reset, certainly not something to habitually require. It would be a right pita if, as I suspect, it loses historical 'lifetime' trip settings. A habitual reboot after each update yes, a power down once, but a factory reset just seems a bit of a very, very, very last resort. imho.

I've never felt the need of a factory reset, certainly not something to habitually require. It would be a right pita if, as I suspect, it loses historical 'lifetime' trip settings. A habitual reboot after each update yes, a power down once, but a factory reset just seems a bit of a very, very, very last resort. imho.
Yes, virtually everything, as I found out last week. It also wipes all prior logs so Tesla have no historical visibility.

Reactions: MrBadger
from menu... last resort for me,
the regular brake pedal/steering wheel didnt help, neither did xmas update
but it was quick, i didnt loose mobile key, just settings + trip meters (from what I can tell so far)

yup did the full factory reset, took about 20 mins after the reset but now Spotify allows me to login.. absolutely insane that some of us had to resort to this to solve a login issue!!

Mine's not worked since the 12.1 update either, tried all the remedies, I'll give Tesla a call.

UPDATE

On 48.26 now, still not working. Spoke to Tesla support, asked me to do a soft reset. Did that whilst on the phone to them. Still not working. They said there is a problem with some Spotify accounts and they will add me to the list to be resolved. So not much I can do now but wait.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20
Not necessarily.

I had to do this at the request of Tesla Tech last week & then the car reverted to original settings as built (although Spotify then worked)

Yesterday I updated to 48.26 & once again lost Spotify along with LTE - the only remedy being yet another factory reset. Something definitely not right.
The solutions above works. Sign up for a free Spotify trial then cancel it.

UPDATE

On 48.26 now, still not working. Spoke to Tesla support, asked me to do a soft reset. Did that whilst on the phone to them. Still not working. They said there is a problem with some Spotify accounts and they will add me to the list to be resolved. So not much I can do now but wait.

UPDATE #2
Tesla have sorted it now, not sure how but they sent an Email asking if it was fixed. No factory reset required.

I couldn't log in to Spotify Premium after recent software update on my 2020 mod 3. Turns out i needed to use the (long, messy, randomized) Spotify-assigned username, not my email address, which worked before. Spotify will remind you of your username via email if you request a new password. Don't forget to save it somewhere for future use. Thanks to Tesla tech for the tip.
Newt