Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stocks Tumble after video of Model S with flat tire

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Should this be in the investor section?:wink:

Industry, stock market react in wake of Tesla flat tire | Autoblopnik

The automotive industry was in tatters yesterday with the news that a Tesla Model S had gotten a flat tire.

“At this time, I can only confirm that a Tesla Model S suffered a massive pressure loss in the semi-structural air cavity of the front-left wheel and tire assembly,” said Tesla spokesman Liz Expendable-Smith. “I’m sure our CEO will have more to say on this matter after his nap and circle time.”

Tesla’s stock price fell five and a half points after Milford Keynes of Chemsmell, New Jersey, posted a YouTube video of a Honda Accord with a flat tire. In the video, after Mr. Keynes says, “Hey, look, that guy has a flat tire,” an unseen male companion can clearly be heard saying “Yeah, hey, I saw one of them Tessel Model S-es with a flat tire just the other day.”

• Funny
Reactions: Rossy and PrGrPa
It's funny, because it's simply a fact that it takes nothing for the media to write an article. Not quite an article about a flat, but almost:

http://translate.google.com/transla...g.no/bil-og-motor/artikkel.php?artid=10145397
This article points to a systematic deficiency in the Tesla parts department. In the US, it's bad enough, so I'm not surprised that it's worse in Norway. I think it's reasonable to call Tesla out on this, and I'm sorry that Tesla's spokesman didn't have a better answer about the company's commitment to service.

I'm betting, btw, that the damage was not entirely cosmetic. There is a radiator right behind the front bumper.

It would of course be better if the car was fixed faster, but the media isn't exactly unbiased.

I tried looking for any similar stories that VG (largest online newspaper in Norway) had run regarding other car companies, and I couldn't find a single story. I know other newpapers have occasionally run similar stories regarding other car companies, and then it's usually a matter of 6-12 months that the car has been in for repairs. There are probably thousands of cars by every manufacturer each year that take around 6 weeks to fix. Is it unfortunate? Yes. Is it news? No.