Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Even though the Seattle store was technically downtown, I doubt they had very much walk-in traffic. The Bellevue mall location, on the other hand, will get lots of foot traffic of their exact demographic.

The word mall too me means at large enclosed group of stores and a hangout for teens. I rarely go inside one any more.

Santana Row and Santa Monica's 3rd street Promenade and Florida's street are outdoor walking streets with lot's of eating and more adult oriented shopping like furniture and fine dining. Buying customers in those locations.

When Tesla finally has enough models to put three in the stores at one time, I'm sure they'll be in a position to expand their mall storefront or maybe lease a few defunct Borders buildings.

I wish they would do that here in Utah. There was a Borders right by a mall and it's just sat vacant since they closed. The only bad thing is the location is quite large (and two stories) so I don't think it would work as a Tesla Store until they get a couple more models out, maybe when Roadster 3.0 is released if the building is still vacant...

Well, if you want to test drive one, where would it be? They'd take you out to a lot somewhere where they had a driver or two. They certainly won't need all their cars in the mall showroom, but on a cheap lot somewhere nearby, maybe at the Service Rangers place. Who knows. It certainly, preferably, doesn't have to be like the current setup. Selling Apples, not Lemons.
And my impression of the current Auto Sales Stores is a few high profit cars out in front, a bunch of other brand used cars (why?) on the rest of the lot, and the cheaper ones out back, sometimes in a dirt lot across the back road. Tesla could take your used car, if they plan to do that, and move it out to the used car lot down the street or across the state, like the majors do now anyway.

Do you think when the Model S is released they will still have the $/mile (min $100) for Rangers to come to a customers location? I think most of the problems on the initial batch of the Model S will be those small nagging in warranty issues (pretty much par for the course with any new model that is released for any manufacturer). I am not sure if people will want to spend $100 extra for service (let alone in warranty issues).

This concerns me too. I expect warrantied repairs to be free of charge, as would everyone. If Tesla went down this road I think they'd turn off a lot of potential (and existing) customers.

So I hope this isn't the case. It would seriously impact my decision to take delivery when #5370 comes up.

The word mall too me means at large enclosed group of stores and a hangout for teens. I rarely go inside one any more.

Santana Row and Santa Monica's 3rd street Promenade and Florida's street are outdoor walking streets with lot's of eating and more adult oriented shopping like furniture and fine dining. Buying customers in those locations.

In that sense, "Stanford Shopping Center" isn't a "mall" either.

See page 22 of the PDF that michiganmodels dug out.
I count planned stores in
US: 13
Europe: 7 - Spain (Madrid), Benelux, Germany (Berlin?), Norway (Oslo), Italy (Rome), Austria, Greece (Thessaloniki?)
Brazil: 1
South Africa: 1
Emirates: 1
Asia: 3
Australia: 2
Russia: 1 (Moscow?)

Anyone more detailed information?

Looks like Shanghai and Seoul are on that map, the German one looks like Berlin but I don't think that dot is on Thessaloniki (Greece is probably wiped off the target list now anyway) it looks more like Istanbul to me. It also looks like one of the dots is on Budapest. The ones in Australia are on Sydney and Melbourne.

Nice to see that SW Florida is on there! :biggrin:

See page 22 of the PDF that michiganmodels dug out.
I count planned stores in

The planned store in the northwestern corner of the U.S. might actually be a store in Canada (Vancouver).

As for the other planned stores here are my guesses:
Arizona: Phoenix and Tucson. Those seem a little close to me.
California: Oceanside (?)
Florida: Tallahassee and Tampa
Maine: Portland
Massachusetts: Boston (possibly instead of Portland, ME)
South Carolina: Charleston
Texas: Houston and Dallas

Australia: Melbourne and Sydney
Brazil: Rio de Janeiro
China: Shanghai
Emirates: Dubai or Abu Dhabi
Japan: Osaka
Germany: Berlin
Netherlands: Amsterdam
Russia: Moscow
South Africa: Lesotho
South Korea: Gwangju (it looks south of Seoul.)
Spain: Madrid
Turkey: Istanbul
Italy: Naples

Nice to see that SW Florida is on there! :biggrin:

Hi Nigel,

Yes, very encouraging!

Klaus told me recently that he had a conversation with a Tesla rep and the rep said that they favored the Tampa area. When my wife and I were at the Satana Row store they told us they were looking at the region between Tampa and Naples. We naturally responded that Sarasota is between Tampa and Naples. :wink:

In reviewing that page from the Tesla Overview document I see where there are about 12 planned stores in the US, but I don't see where they are planned for 2012.

Larry

US locations appear to be in or near:
Boston, Philadelphia, Charleston, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Phoenix.

Canadian locations appear to be:
Toronto, Vancouver

Chicago area has one and soon there will be 2.

Tesla Chicago
1053 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

AND
tesla_oakbrook.JPG

US locations appear to be in or near:
Boston, Philadelphia, Charleston, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Phoenix.

Canadian locations appear to be:
Toronto, Vancouver

It's quite blank in the center of the continent. Tesla, please put something near me! I'm guessing Winnipeg doesn't have enough customers, but Minneapolis would be close enough.

@Robert.Boston,
How did you hear about the potential Tampa location? This would be awesome. There's lots of interest in central Florida from Sarasota, Bradenton, Tampa, St. Petersburg, & Orlando. More than 3 hours drive to Miami is a little far.

@Robert.Boston,
How did you hear about the potential Tampa location? This would be awesome. There's lots of interest in central Florida from Sarasota, Bradenton, Tampa, St. Petersburg, & Orlando. More than 3 hours drive to Miami is a little far.
Check out page 22 of Company_Overview_Q3_2011.pdf. There's a red dot somewhere in the Tampa/Sarasota area, indicating a "planned" facility.