Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the confusion. It wasn't a formal announcement, just something someone at the store told me over the summer was in the works.

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you plan on going to the January 28th morning event at the Dania Beach store, perhaps we will get a chance to meet one another. A few of us from the West coast and Orlando areas will be attending. After the morning event at the store we'll be meeting at the Islamorada Fish Company with others on the East coast to talk Tesla. If you are interested you are certainly welcome to join us.

Larry

Hi Arnold,

Thanks for the clarification.

If you plan on going to the January 28th morning event at the Dania Beach store, perhaps we will get a chance to meet one another. A few of us from the West coast and Orlando areas will be attending. After the morning event at the store we'll be meeting at the Islamorada Fish Company with others on the East coast to talk Tesla. If you are interested you are certainly welcome to join us.

Larry

Thanks! I didn't know there was an event on the 28th. The only notice I got was about the Beta being available from the 26th through the 6th. I'm going to contact Tesla to see if I can go on the 28th, and will let you know if they let me attend.

On a slightly different topic, I'm heading out to CA later this month and probably have time to sneak in a visit to Santana Row, but after Jan 31. Inasmuch as the Events schedule ends on Jan 31, I wrote to my customer rep; his reply:

I do expect the beta to be there [at Santana Row]. It should be a black Model S with black interior with interior access and working 17” touchscreen to play with. The car will remain static in the store so there will be no test drives or test rides.

For Fashion Island (Newport Beach, Sothern California), we are taking the vehicle out from the 31st – 2nd and then back in the store on the 3rd. After that, the plan is it will be there for the remaining near future

Thanks! I didn't know there was an event on the 28th. The only notice I got was about the Beta being available from the 26th through the 6th. I'm going to contact Tesla to see if I can go on the 28th, and will let you know if they let me attend.

Hi Arnold,

If you are either a Roadster owner or a Model S reservation holder you should have received an email invitation from Will around January 13th. I'm sure there won't be a problem, but regardless we'll be there at 9:00 AM and you can join us at Islamorada at 11:00 AM if its convenient for you. By the way, I'd like to direct your attention to the following thread Florida Tesla Motors Club .

Here's an excerpt from the invitation:

EVENT DETAILS
See the Model S Beta on display January 26th - February 5th.

The Beta version is a 90% production intent prototype of Model S.
Model S technology is also on display to demonstrate the superiority and
efficiency of Tesla's
electric vehicle architecture.

Store Hours: 9am - 7pm

Extended hours for Model S reservation holders and Roadster
owners:

Thursday, January 26th from 7pm-9pm
Saturday, January 28th from 8am-9am
Saturday, February 4th from 8am-9am

Owner and Reservation Holder appointments available. Please RSVP to Will Nicholas.

US locations appear to be in or near:
Boston, Philadelphia, Charleston, Atlanta, Tampa, Houston, Dallas-Fort Worth, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Phoenix.

Canadian locations appear to be:
Toronto, Vancouver

You are missing Portland from your list.

I think you are right on all but one. I am pretty sure that is Charlotte and not Charleston.

Charlotte has 1.7 million people and not too far away is Raleigh Durham where they have another 1.1 million people and according to the great map you put together - already a lot of Model S reservations.

I also think that having Bank of America (and huge Wells Fargo presence) located in Charlotte swayed Tesla since Bank of America provided financing for the Roadster and presumably will do the same for the Model S & X.

They have already opened stores in Houston and Toronto. And they list stores in San Diego and Phoenix (can't tell if they're open since there is no address listed).

Tesla said they'll open 8-10 stores in 2012. I don't know how many will be outside the U.S. But I would think they'll mostly be U.S.

I would think they open an Atlanta store before they open Tampa or Charlotte since we've got 6 million people.

I heard one rep say that there will be a huge service center in Atlanta.

I think it's interesting they're opening 10-15 service centers in 2012 as well.

I wonder if they're deliberately avoiding Detroit (with 4 million people)?

Last edited:
I'm not predicting, just trying to discern dots on page 22 of the Company Overview. I omitted Portland OR and Vancouver BC from my earlier post.

While I agree that Charlotte NC would be a logical place for a store, there's a dot on the Carolina coast that's hanging one-third of the way into the Atlantic, but Charlotte's about a 4-hour drive from the beach. So I'm calling that dot as Savannah or Myrtle Beach, as odd as that sounds to my ear and yours.

I'm not predicting, just trying to discern dots on page 22 of the Company Overview. I omitted Portland OR and Vancouver BC from my earlier post.

While I agree that Charlotte NC would be a logical place for a store, there's a dot on the Carolina coast that's hanging one-third of the way into the Atlantic, but Charlotte's about a 4-hour drive from the beach. So I'm calling that dot as Savannah or Myrtle Beach, as odd as that sounds to my ear and yours.

I agree, it looks like it's on the coast, but Atlanta looks like it's a lot lower too. I think they just kind of plopped the dots on the map.

I would think they open an Atlanta store before they open Tampa or Charlotte since we've got 6 million people.

I heard one rep say that there will be a huge service center in Atlanta.

I think it's interesting they're opening 10-15 service centers in 2012 as well.

I think they just kind of plopped the dots on the map.

I agree that Atlanta is a logical location for a Georgia store/service center and its quite possible this will occur before Florida gets its next store/service center.

I was told by a Tesla representative that this year the current store/service center in Dania Beach, Florida is being converted and expanded to handle just service work. The store functions will be moved to a high traffic location in Miami Beach. In addition, this year a new store/service center will be opened somewhere near Tampa or Orlando.

Obviously the dots on the Company Overview map merely represent Tesla's general thinking at the time. As Roadster purchases and Model S and X reservations are made this of course is subject to modification.

Larry

Trust me... no store here. Hans et al just have an office and a service center.

I guess the picture of a store is what threw me off.

Hmmm, I wonder how many Tesla "stores" are not really stores but Tesla reps that live in the vicinity, field calls, and do promotional events?

I was told that originally there was someone like that in Atlanta but they weren't very productive so they were re-assigned to a different location.

A little bird told me today that Natick MA would be exactly the sort of place Tesla might choose for its Boston-area store. The Natick Mall was one of two possible locations I had put on my guess-list (the other being the Mall at Chestnut Hill), but Natick is a much more easily accessible location.

Interesting ... that would be a diversion of practice, no? It's considerably west of Boston ... OTOH that area is generally more affluent (and contains "The Collection" -- not that it's doing particularly well). That's surprising to me. I'd think they'd want the foot traffic in Boston (e.g. Newbury or Boylston) even though city dwellers are less likely to get such a car.

I don't know the Boston area but they moved the Chicago store from downtown to Oakbrook, IL a little outside downtown. Maybe that is similar to what they are doing in Boston. The downtown location is still there but only for service.

Last edited:
Interesting ... that would be a diversion of practice, no? It's considerably west of Boston ... OTOH that area is generally more affluent (and contains "The Collection" -- not that it's doing particularly well). That's surprising to me. I'd think they'd want the foot traffic in Boston (e.g. Newbury or Boylston) even though city dwellers are less likely to get such a car.
For those not familiar, Natick is about 20 miles west of Boston. The "Metro West" area generally has the toniest suburbs, although Natick itself is a little west of the "posh line".

Assuming that this is going to be the only Tesla store in New England for a while, its location is very good. It's just off the Mass Pike, between the Boston equivalent of the Beltway (I-95, aka Rte 128) and the outerbelt, I-495. This makes it easily accessible (by car) from anywhere in New England without having to fight into Boston traffic.

It would be nice to see a gallery on Newbury St here in Boston or in the Copley Square Mall, which are clearly the highest-end retail spaces in New England. Both get a lot of well-heeled tourists, too.