Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla supercharger map updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tons of new locations added

Wow! Looks like they are trying to make the I-85 and I-95 corridors have as many Superchargers as gas stations.

(I grew up between Benson and Wade in North Carolina, so I know just how remote those are. Benson at least is the lowest exit to the I-40/ I-95 interchange.)

I hope the second Mt. Airy location is actually on I-77, because that would give you the option of skipping Wytheville going/coming between Charlotte and West Virginia.

And still MIA... Boone area. :confused:

It's always fun to see the updates. I'm really looking forward to some expansion out here in the "fly over" states.

Check out this funny pin placement. Clearly done by name location rather than manually dropped on the city.

1643861426677.png

Reactions: felizf
Looks like @corywright is going to have a LOT of updating to the supercharger.info website! Looks to be about 6 new ones just in NC alone.
Fortunately, this is a community project and we've got a lot of help. @MarcoRP handles most of the updates, and has already added two of the new NC sites to supercharge.info.

Looks to be about 6 new ones just in NC alone.
Looks like there are actually 14 new sites in NC! Of these, I believe only Chapel Hill was Tesla's previous map.

Sorted by planned opening date:

Q1: Kernersville, Leland, Chapel Hill
Q2: Oxford, Benson
Q3: Mocksville, Winston-Salem, Thomasville, Greenville
Q4: Gastonia, Charlotte, Mt. Airy, Wade, Jacksonville

• Helpful
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Yes, really shocked to see so many NC sites!

So then I look up to I-81 in PA between Harrisburg and Scranton (where I could actually use a Supercharger). Nuthin!

Granted, there aren't a whole lot of exits or gas stations on that stretch either, but I'm just amazed at the lack of attention to this stretch right in Sheetz's home state! Come on Hazelton!

Yes, really shocked to see so many NC sites!

So then I look up to I-81 in PA between Harrisburg and Scranton (where I could actually use a Supercharger). Nuthin!

Granted, there aren't a whole lot of exits or gas stations on that stretch either, but I'm just amazed at the lack of attention to this stretch right in Sheetz's home state! Come on Hazelton!
Don't forget that a decent number of Sheetz- or Wawa-hosted superchargers get built without having been a grey dot on Tesla's map first. So, don't lose hope. If you were talking about a location in BFE Nebraska, I'd say forget it. But for an area that is basically Sheetz's backyard, you never know.

Don't forget that a decent number of Sheetz- or Wawa-hosted superchargers get built without having been a grey dot on Tesla's map first. So, don't lose hope. If you were talking about a location in BFE Nebraska, I'd say forget it. But for an area that is basically Sheetz's backyard, you never know.
Great point, that does give me hope! 🤞 There have been LOTS of SuC locations that we've found this year (and previous) that were never on the official map until completion.

one small plus is there is a little better coverage for those going to boone from raleigh now with a SC going in winston.
The problem isn't reaching there. There are so many amazing places near Boone that going there and returning is an issue. Even taking the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville to Boone (or reverse) with added spots for hiking in Grandfather / Linville region would be a little worrisome to make it to the nearest supercharger in Hickory, especially with more people & in winters. I've already been in the situation a couple of times where I had to use the Blue Ridge Energy Chademo charger in Blowing Rock to continue on to reach Hickory after my trip to the mountains.