Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - New Haven, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
A new 12 stall V3 Tesla supercharger is being built next to the Ikea located at 450 Sargent Dr, New Haven, CT 06511. The supercharger is likely being built in the parking lot of the Hotel Marcel, 500 Sargent Drive, New Haven, CT which is being still being remodeled with a scheduled opening of Spring 2022.

One of the sources of this info is Hotel Marcel.

Construction is likely imminent as I believe the hope is to have the site done in Q1 2022.

@MarcoRP @corywright @tes-s

Just did a drive by of the site. Although there is a ton of heavy construction going on due to the hotel remodel, I did not see any Tesla branded materials on site yet. They could be hiding away in one of the various shipping containers on site though. Some of the construction going on here is most likely related to the SuperCharger site, but it will most likely be a while before this one comes live.

A quick shot of the site on my way through the area today. Not under the solar canopy, but next to it.
3C600F69-4C0C-471E-B65A-CA4732D5FA4A.jpeg

Did a drive-by this afternoon. I was pressed for time and couldn’t stop to take any pics. Very little progress (if any) since last picture update. Hopefully now that spring is here construction picks up some speed.
Thanks for swinging by and checking.
Interesting... I wonder what the holdup is. I would assume the crew is working at another site and not idle (Mystic seems about done, and North Dartmouth is done and waiting for meter, so they're probably working somewhere else we've not found under construction yet. Hmm....

There is an issue with this site that could lead to a significant delay to completion. Not sure if this means no further work here until the issue is resolved - I suspect it just means work at this site has been deprioritized to allow other projects to start/finish. Tyngsborough, MA is now underway and I presume another site out there is or will soon commence work with Richmond, RI wrapping up.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
There is an issue with this site that could lead to a significant delay to completion. Not sure if this means no further work here until the issue is resolved - I suspect it just means work at this site has been deprioritized to allow other projects to start/finish. Tyngsborough, MA is now underway and I presume another site out there is or will soon commence work with Richmond, RI wrapping up.
"Issue"?

I chatted briefly with Bruce Becker, the architect of the nearby Hotel Marcel on Saturday May 14th. He was checking out his solar app in advance of today's grand opening. He has some renewed optimism about the Supercharger completion timeline, but only time will really tell for sure.

Last edited: