Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rocky Hill, CT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3DD99657-43B0-4403-8F17-FC212F39C7AD.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: Big Earl
I stopped by at 8:40am today, and an (unnamed) Tesla employee was on site, along with another contractor (Asplundh?) that I had seen back on Wednesday when the transformer was installed. The Tesla employee mentioned that the plan was still to hopefully get this place online sometime today, depending up on tests etc.

He also mentioned that the red location icon would show up on all Teslas immediately upon the site going live: there is no delay at all when doing these activations. We noticed also that white lines had just been painted over the blacked out parking areas at all 12 stalls.

We didn't get to talk about the fun stuff Corvette owners told me the other night, we were all in a bit of a rush to get back to work today.

Later this afternoon, I should be able to swing by briefly again, as it's move-in day for my very nearby parents anyway.

Reactions: Tdreamer and kayak1
He also mentioned that the red location icon would show up on all Teslas immediately upon the site going live: there is no delay at all when doing these activations....

This hasn't been our experience. Even as recently as the Tyngsborough supercharger, it was live on the first day but not showing up either on the in-car nav or in the Tesla app. The app seems to be getting updated faster than the in-car nav (this also happened with Meredith, which was live for over a week before it showed up on my in-car nav).

Looking forward to Rocky Hill going live!

Reactions: Tdreamer
Great info, thank you for sharing! I was skeptical when he mentioned that there is no more delay, as I've heard of those delays at many locations.

Anyhow, that aside, no power at all, with all the stalls powered off earlier this evening when I stopped by, as I pictured above. We'll see what happens next, but I suspect not much on a holiday weekend.

Reactions: kayak1