Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Temporarily Suspends Model 3 Production (Legit?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there is really anything to this, it could be the ‘way out of production hell’ Elon was talking about in the CBS interview. Where we assume he wanted to replace some robots with people? And/or it’s adding the Grohman (sp?) automation line? Not sure where that is...

I think we all need to expect periodic shutdowns as things are finetuned. Can’t get to 5K while it’s moving!

Reactions: Blu Angel
Hello? Panic is what this forum does well. :)
b643dd055a7b2e3fde13c9b25521d816.png

No - apparently the car is built after assigning the VIN.

In another thread there is this timeline
VIN Assigned
2 days to build the car
2 days for QC

I was assigned a VIN on Feb 28. The ISA called me to notify me of the assignment, and she was the one to update my account. The manufacture date on my driver door says Feb 2018. This would seem to indicate the build came first, as there are no more days in Feb remaining.

Plus there are numerous examples of people getting assigned VINs of cars already built that match their config.

I would also think it makes more sense to QC the car first before assigning a VIN, in case they have to reject the car.

Plus there are numerous examples of people getting assigned VINs of cars already built that match their config.
In all these cases the VIN has been assigned to the car. Afterall they punch/stick the VIN in some places on the car.

If you configure the car - and they have one already manufactured with the same options/color, they can assign that car (and thus the VIN) to you.

Why doesn't Tesla every announce these things ahead of the press "finding out", and them having to respond...Do they really think nobody outside the companies going to find out?
Elon could have come clean in the national CBS interview, or otherwise they could issue a brief press release.
Tesla needs to operate with more transparency, and then the bloggers' wouldn't be making stuff up.

Reactions: Aellinsar