Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla (the company) killing itself slowly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now take all of those negative experiences and add the ingredient of not being able to talk to anyone and tell me how your satisfaction levels are affected.

I’ll reiterate that I’ve agreed with you before. I would also like someone live to get ahold of in extreme circumstances. No argument there.

That said, the existing system works fine (well, even) for my needs and my Tesla service experiences have substantially improved over the time I’ve had the car. Particularly relative to other cars I’ve had I’d call Tesla’s service good, even.

Have you considered voting with your wallet and moving back to the brand with the service you enjoyed before? Tesla (or any company) might not take action unless customers start leaving. For me, so far, Tesla service has been a reason to stay with the brand.

Reactions: PWlakewood
How long has Porsche, Mercedes, bmw, Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc been around? Do you honestly think they did it any better when they released there first mass production car?

Who cares? Competition is not about giving companies a pass because they're newcomers. When you're buying a thing you're looking for the best experience possible.

People who were early adopters (before Model 3) might care about all of that because they cared about the company itself. Now Tesla aims to be a big car company like the others. They don't get to play the niche startup card any more. You can't have it both ways, you either remain a small niche company that builds stuff for a certain type of person and get have your "quirks", or you decide to compete with the big boys and have yourself compared to them from all angles.

We know because it's been several quarters now of zero improvements and many regions have regressed even further. Tesla has proven their nimbleness already in countless ways compared to the much larger and more established competitors. Now, all of a sudden, they can't make changes quickly? That's a load of BS right there. I'm not even talking about opening new service centers here even though that also needs to happen. I'm talking about properly staffing existing service centers in order to serve existing customers and continue ramping up to match production moving forward.
Please provide actual proof of your statement.

And the 2 startups I've worked for have operated on all cash. No debt, no credit, no loans. One business has done over 100 million in 7 years the other has done 35 million in 15 years. Both are still around and service has improved greatly in each business. Having debt is not a good thing for busines .
We've grown from a handful of employees to over a hundred, maybe 80 million in revenue over the past few years, multi-year guaranteed contracts and revenue streams for the foreseeable future, guaranteed credit lines, cash in the bank, expanded offerings, all in a very crowded business space against competitors whose years revenue is in the many, many Billion dollar range. Structured debit and credit are very good things indeed.
Anyway, you asked the question, that's my answer backed by my experience.

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
Who cares? Competition is not about giving companies a pass because they're newcomers. When you're buying a thing you're looking for the best experience possible.

People who were early adopters (before Model 3) might care about all of that because they cared about the company itself. Now Tesla aims to be a big car company like the others. They don't get to play the niche startup card any more. You can't have it both ways, you either remain a small niche company that builds stuff for a certain type of person and get have your "quirks", or you decide to compete with the big boys and have yourself compared to them from all angles.
It does matter. How long did it take for other companies to iron out all the kinks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jase1125
We've grown from a handful of employees to over a hundred, maybe 80 million in revenue over the past few years, multi-year guaranteed contracts and revenue streams for the foreseeable future, guaranteed credit lines, cash in the bank, expanded offerings, all in a very crowded business space against competitors whose years revenue is in the many, many Billion dollar range. Structured debit and credit are very good things indeed.
Anyway, you asked the question, that's my answer backed by my experience.
I'm not saying we dont have credit offers we just have never had to use them at any point which is a good thing.

• Disagree
I've never had issues with my sc. I've used the app to schedule and bring my car in on the day scheduled and drive away in a loaner until my car is done both times. I've also used mobile service 3 times with no issue. Some people have more issues than others.
Which is exactly why you're trying to make it seem like every Tesla customer shares your personal experience & the negative stories are outliers and/or fabricated. I'm glad you have had the fortune of being lucky and having good experiences.

Where we live we never have power outages but that doesn't mean that others in other regions aren't experiencing problems that cause major headaches. Just because I can't feel their pain doesn't mean I try to convince them that it's not a big deal to be without power. It would be incredibly rude for me to tell them how to react to something that causes great stress in their lives with no experience to draw from.

Do some research and you'll quickly find that your personal experience with Tesla service isn't indicative of what the majority who need customer service from Tesla experience. It's bad. Real bad. If you had to experience your same issues via the Littleton, CO or Evans, CO centers you would likely have an entirely different experience. Then realize that these service a region that makes up several states and imagine how frustrated owners in that massive portion of the US feel. This may convince you to stop belittling or attempting to trivialize the negative experience of others just because you haven't had a negative interaction.

Tesla has gone whole-hog on the Silicon Valley support model, where humans are a far too expensive inconvenience and everything should be driven through technology. It’s become abundantly clear that if you want the high touch model of yesteryear, you need to find another brand.

I work in tech. Support in the tech world is quite acceptable these days. Even the outsourced support to other countries. It costs more, but it's much better.

I just point this out because a lot of Tesla comparisons are outdated. People compare the dealership model of today with basically the stereotype of the 80s - 90s. Like you have to get your car "serviced" every year and the mechanic has to manually adjust the idle. Modern cars routinely go 100k before their first major servicing. The iridium spark plugs in my econobox Sentra didn't need to be changed till 105k.

• Love
Reactions: neroden and robg
Which is exactly why you're trying to make it seem like every Tesla customer shares your personal experience & the negative stories are outliers and/or fabricated. I'm glad you have had the fortune of being lucky and having good experiences.

Where we live we never have power outages but that doesn't mean that others in other regions aren't experiencing problems that cause major headaches. Just because I can't feel their pain doesn't mean I try to convince them that it's not a big deal to be without power. It would be incredibly rude for me to tell them how to react to something that causes great stress in their lives with no experience to draw from.

Do some research and you'll quickly find that your personal experience with Tesla service isn't indicative of what the majority who need customer service from Tesla experience. It's bad. Real bad. If you had to experience your same issues via the Littleton, CO or Evans, CO centers you would likely have an entirely different experience. Then realize that these service a region that makes up several states and imagine how frustrated owners in that massive portion of the US feel. This may convince you to stop belittling or attempting to trivialize the negative experience of others just because you haven't had a negative interaction.
Actually if you bothered to read my posts you would see that I have acknowledged the fact that some people have issues. I could say the exact same thing that you are saying everyone has problems with service. Have you even acknowledged the fact that more people than not have good experiences?

• Disagree
Actually if you bothered to read my posts you would see that I have acknowledged the fact that some people have issues. I could say the exact same thing that you are saying everyone has problems with service. Have you even acknowledged the fact that more people than not have good experiences?
You're right. Tesla has no customer service issue. Everything is great. The people who are having problems are imagining things and it's just great!

I'm done.

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
Again how hard is it for you to see that I have acknowledged that some people have issues. You must be a millenial.

Aaand the expected "lol ur a millenial snowflake when I was at your age we had to walk to work at the steel mill barefoot through broken glass uphill both ways" argument shows up! Congratulations! Your point is invalid.

You're right. Tesla has no customer service issue. Everything is great. The people who are having problems are imagining things and it's just great!

I'm done.
You do realize that you're equating your bad experience with "most people" while you're getting frustrated with other's equating their good experience with "most people". You're having a negative experience with CO service centers that may very well affect many owners. You should definitely try to escalate your concerns and hopefully some positive change is made, because all owners deserve a positive service experience. Your problems however don't necessarily reflect the majority of owners.

Reactions: PWlakewood
Sore subject huh. You get a participation trophy. Anyways.

Who cares what old people think of "millenials" really? You do realize those darned millenials are very close to completely taking over the economy because they are as old as 38 now. They are the most active group that there's the most competition for.

Grandpa and Grandma's opinions on what or what not to expect from companies in terms of service is completely irrelevant, or about to be. I'm sowwy we took your economy from you and are expecting better things and better lives.

• Disagree
Oh so I'm close to being a millennial? Time to start being entitled and lazy. No offense to the young folks on here that aren't entitled and lazy and I can readily acknowledge that not everyone is the same or has the same experience or acts like everyone else.

• Disagree
Oh so I'm close to being a millennial? Time to start being entitled and lazy. No offense to the young folks on here that aren't entitled and lazy and I can readily acknowledge that not everyone is the same or has the same experience or acts like everyone else.

Millenials aren't entitled or lazy, they just expect to be treated like people by massive corporations, and research shows they care about experiences more than they care about material possessions. They are also more diverse, more open to diversity, and are more aware of the suffering of others. The world is going to have to shift their way and it's going to be a better place for that.

Millenials aren't entitled or lazy, they just expect to be treated like people by massive corporations, and research shows they care about experiences more than they care about material possessions. They are also more diverse, more open to diversity, and are more aware of the suffering of others. The world is going to have to shift their way and it's going to be a better place for that.
Change is good. Oh and in case you didnt see all the millenials walking down the street with there smartphones, which does count as a possession.