Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Tesla": The word that will get you a better Mercedes lease.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoy! Glad you made up your mind.
I bet is is! Ever since I looked at Tesla, I started paying more attention to the price of gas. Pulling up, to a pump is now like going to Vegas.
I have the good fortune of an EV charging plan that allows unlimited off peak charging at 40a (50a breaker) for $30 / month.

Previously spending $50+ per week in my BMW 330.

So I went and traded in my wife’s Acura too :)

Reactions: Petrocelli
I am 60. I don't have any illusions that a car will make me look younger or older.

I am perplexed by comments in this thread by people who advocate buying a Tesla because their daughters like them.

FWIW, my daughter think I should get the Mercedes.

This one made me chuckle. We bought our daughter a new Honda Civic in '16, and I thought it was one of the finest bargains available, considering all the safety features and how comfortable it is to drive. We picked up our dual motor long range Model 3 at the end of December 2018 but she didn't have a chance to drive it for a few months. When she came back from her first drive she exclaimed "I WANT THIS LIFE!!!" She is now studying for the LSAT and will apply to law schools next year.

What you've read about the poor delivery experience mimics mine. Of course we called and took delivery of our car on December 30th, as the tax rebates were about to halve. We have only had our car in for service once, and that was an unremarkable experience. Everything went well and I had a Model S P85 loaner that may have realigned my spine with each stoplight - zero to 60 in no time!

My wife and I love this Tesla. It's the best car we've ever owned, which really doesn't say much, but every ICE care we drive really does feel archaic to us. It took some time to get used to Tesla's quirks, but really it's just a very nice car. If only they had a traditional stalk for the wipers I'd have nothing to complain about.

Reactions: Petrocelli