Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla threatening to cancel order before 30 days of first attempt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I'm a bit confused and annoyed. When notified that my delivery is coming up soon, I decided to put my order (for a Tesla Model 3 RWD) on hold. The website said it will be on hold until October 1st, almost exactly a month from my first delivery attempt. Well I just got notified that if I don't say "I'm ready" by September 18th they will cancel my order. All I'm asking for is another two weeks to figure things out but they make it seem like it's impossible. My order agreement says they may cancel my order if I don't accept an offer within 30 days of the first attempt. It definitely hasn't been thirty days yet they are still trying to force me to hurry up. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Attachments

• tesla_texts.png
    tesla_texts.png
    481.6 KB · Views: 1,005
  • order_agreement.png
    order_agreement.png
    228.8 KB · Views: 320
It sucks that Tesla does stuff like this. It’s like they know they have you by the shorties. You can always reply that you’ll have until 09/17 to have your lawyer take a look at it. Worst that could happen is if they call your bluff. Wouldn’t be worth the legal expense just to pick up another two weeks of hold time (as well as interfering with what you’re already figuring out).

Their standard approach. They want to move your car before end of quarter. Don't care if it's to you or somebody else.

If you can't take it by then, don't. Maybe they cancel maybe they don't. If they do you still have the money.

Options are improving. There are cheaper options out there if long distance isn'ta big deal.

Their standard approach. They want to move your car before end of quarter. Don't care if it's to you or somebody else.

If you can't take it by then, don't. Maybe they cancel maybe they don't. If they do you still have the money.

Options are improving. There are cheaper options out there if long distance isn't a big deal.
Yeah this sucks. It doesn't feel like I'm asking for much... just two weeks. The "it's an automated system, I can't do anything" is such a cop-out.

It sucks that Tesla does stuff like this. It’s like they know they have you by the shorties. You can always reply that you’ll have until 09/17 to have your lawyer take a look at it. Worst that could happen is if they call your bluff. Wouldn’t be worth the legal expense just to pick up another two weeks of hold time (as well as interfering with what you’re already figuring out).
Yeah I appreciate the idea. I may try it, well see. I agree that it's not worth the legal expense.

I think you are allowed 1 hold for a max of 2 weeks. This seems pretty fair to me. Once my car came off hold I received a text from Tesla and was able to reschedule the delivery appt very easily via text (not their online system). They seemed to be very accommodating and did not cancel my order.

On Wednesday I got the same letter as the OP. With the same date 9/18 to remove the hold. I had refused a car in Late August that needed the hood and bumper repainted. Got the same VIN reassigned so they put me on hold until 9/9 to ensure the rejected car was delivered or moved to internal use. The email/letter "auto cancel" was generated after someone pushed my hold out 1 year per the advisor I spoke to on the phone. This 9/18 date is less than the 30 days noted above, just as an FYI.

Reactions: voxel
My order agreement says they may cancel my order if I don't accept an offer within 30 days of the first attempt.
Did you miss the other section of the order agreement, where it says you only have 90 days from your order date:

1663522405236.png

That sort of gives them an out to cancel your order whenever they want, since everyone's order is more than 90 days old.

And I just looked at the current order agreement, dated 9/15/2022, and they have made some changes:

New orders now only have 14 days to pickup:
1663522507507.png

And the other section leaves a lot to interpretation:
1663522569002.png

How long until you are considered unresponsive?

Reactions: voxel