Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to fix smart charging (wake vehicle from sleep via Zappi charge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am having the same issue. Mine is a MIC M3LR 2021 and have Zappi v2. When it does work its great, happily putting 3.5kw in the car but sooner or later the car goes to sleep, I have to unplug, replug and miraculously it starts charging again. But this isn't much use unless you want to spend your life monitoring your app or standing next to your car!
Is this after the charger has start/stopped multiple times? If so, this is intentional on Tesla’s part to avoid damage/wear due to a suspected “faulty charger”. If you do find the charging start/stops a lot during partially cloudy days, try whacking up the start/stop delay timer.
On my MiC 2021 M3 I find after around 5 start/stops it’ll refuse to charge again for a while, maybe 30 mins or so, before it’ll try again.

Have you updated your zappi to the latest firmware as they have added a preconditioning function which needs a setting changing to work correctly.
Nothing to do with preconditioning or the Zappi. It’s a car side issue which Tesla have acknowledged (and have previously fixed for some models, but not all… yet).

Seems to be fixed (again) in .32 . Anyone else confirm, that was also having issues recently?
I had a brief issue with odd charging behaviour on 24.4 where the car would think it wasn’t even plugged in and try to close the charge port. However, not noticed anything obvious since 24.5. (I think that’s the right versions). Car woke up and started charging on Eco+ quite happily today.