Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to incorporate AI assistant in cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the story below, Tesla is going to incorporate their AI into their vehicles. Let’s just hope it does a better job of the current voice recognition which is without a doubt the worst assistant system I’ve ever used.

Here in the UK it barely understands commands, such as “navigate to Halfords”. “Set the wipers to medium”. Or responding to a text message via voice.

Try being a scouser 😢😢

We're all first thinking how much more power will the computer consume but I think the true bottleneck will be the data bandwidth through LTE. 5G will have to come sooner than later. From what I read or see on YT, there's not much conversation where AI will intergrade to the cars computer, but rather use of processor power. So, auto wipers will still suck for a bit longer.
We’re saved! (Most?) of the fleet aren’t 5G capable without hardware upgrade. That said, I don’t see why distributed processing couldn’t happen over 4G. It had better be opt-in. s13 of the Theft Act 1968:

Abstracting of electricity.​

A person who dishonestly uses without due authority, or dishonestly causes to be wasted or diverted, any electricity shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

• Funny
Reactions: zoomer0056