Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to incorporate AI assistant in cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the story below, Tesla is going to incorporate their AI into their vehicles. Let’s just hope it does a better job of the current voice recognition which is without a doubt the worst assistant system I’ve ever used.

Here in the UK it barely understands commands, such as “navigate to Halfords”. “Set the wipers to medium”. Or responding to a text message via voice.

According to the story below, Tesla is going to incorporate their AI into their vehicles. Let’s just hope it does a better job of the current voice recognition which is without a doubt the worst assistant system I’ve ever used.

Here in the UK it barely understands commands, such as “navigate to Halfords”. “Set the wipers to medium”. Or responding to a text message via voice.

Grok is designed to answer questions with a bit of wit and has a rebellious streak, so please don’t use it if you hate humor!”

Oh, good Lord… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: kavyboy
Have you changed the language in your car to British English? That was added relatively recently (update 11 maybe?) & made a lot of difference to the voice recognition for me (not that I use it very often).

Reactions: kuruma
Have you changed the language in your car to British English? That was added relatively recently (update 11 maybe?) & made a lot of difference to the voice recognition for me (not that I use it very often).
Yes I have and it still doesn’t work with any modicum of satisfaction. It remains another terrible Tesla system.

If I talk in a ridiculous American accent, and I mean really accented, it works marginally better, but still no where near acceptable.

Reactions: NewbieT
Me: “Hey Gork, navigate to Morrison’s”
Gork: “Here’s what I found on the web”
Me: :mad:

or
Gork: “Aldi is closer but Lidl is cheaper”
Me: “Just navigate to Morrisons”
Gork: “But the middle at Lidl has a terrific offer on air fryers for £10”
Me: “This isn’t a discussion”
Gork: ”OK be like that. Turning off life support. Goodbye”
Me: :eek:

Last edited:
This was the bit that bothered me:

1699276384667.png

To me this reads that he wants to leverage the processing power of cars that are not being driven to run the AI. For this to work those cars would have to be awake and based on the current generation of vehicles that means at least 200wh/hour or 5kwh per day.
I think not.

Reactions: NewbieT
You do realise that the neural network is only applicable to FSD v12 so very few have tried it and certainly not available to anyone in the UK. It's not used for any UK cars.
'Deep rain' has allegedly been deployed across the fleet since 2019. It was supposed to solve the crappy autowipers for good. It didn't.

They've actually gone the other way, and dropped the idea in FSD v11 (well, added a switch to turn it off, anyway).