Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Toolbox V2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Subscriptions don't seem to be working with V2 now, it looks like it checks for a VPN connection on startup which makes sense for third party approved shops who could still use it.
So basically, we are screwed.
T-Diag or T-Can for third party tools, or learn how UDS works and use a cheap USB to Can adapter to send the commands, it's finding the commands which is the tricky

There is a version v2 stand alone which works just fine w/o any credentials...
I disagree with this.
V2 installed version tries to login via tesla servers which are down since they pulled the plug on v2.
When this did work it would download all the plugin for the different modules (might be what @Pointer was referring to).
V2 does check for a VPN to an internal tesla url which means this might still work for Tesla approved garages.
Maybe there is a cracked version that contains all the plugins, once you have those you can reverse engineer to find the odd commands, it's all written in python.

• Informative
Reactions: buckets0fun
Hello I have a P85+ that requires an Air Suspension Calibration after Ride Height Sensor replacement. I am reading that toolbox v2/2.1 is the only version with air suspension calibration capability. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to locate/use this sacred piece of software, I already have the cable etc. I would be very appreciative, thanks!

I disagree with this.
V2 installed version tries to login via tesla servers which are down since they pulled the plug on v2.
When this did work it would download all the plugin for the different modules (might be what @Pointer was referring to).
V2 does check for a VPN to an internal tesla url which means this might still work for Tesla approved garages.
Maybe there is a cracked version that contains all the plugins, once you have those you can reverse engineer to find the odd commands, it's all written in python.
You need a signed certificate from tesla a garage token to login with those plugins …if someone knows how to hack that that would be awesome ..I was looking at trying Some difrent Python configs..if you take the exe and extract it before installing you’ll see some of the sdk plugins that apparently were open to outside vendors that could write plugins for toolbox 2 but that was way back in 2018 before they thought of toolbox 3 ..i really hope they write more code on self diagnostics on the screen menu ..that’s really the way to go . I’m looking for Dbc files for model x 2020 ..there is so much can data that you can grab off that can bus that gives all kinds of data to really let you know what is going on frame by frame

The plug-ins are scrambled with a python (.egg) scheme too complicated for my brain

Last edited:
I disagree with this.
Yeah it was likely a cracked version...Nonetheless worked just fine...

Reactions: GazMav
Hello I have a P85+ that requires an Air Suspension Calibration after Ride Height Sensor replacement. I am reading that toolbox v2/2.1 is the only version with air suspension calibration capability. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where to locate/use this sacred piece of software, I already have the cable etc. I would be very appreciative, thanks!
write me on gmail hsevchyk

You need a signed certificate from tesla a garage token to login with those plugins …if someone knows how to hack that that would be awesome ..I was looking at trying Some difrent Python configs..if you take the exe and extract it before installing you’ll see some of the sdk plugins that apparently were open to outside vendors that could write plugins for toolbox 2 but that was way back in 2018 before they thought of toolbox 3 ..i really hope they write more code on self diagnostics on the screen menu ..that’s really the way to go . I’m looking for Dbc files for model x 2020 ..there is so much can data that you can grab off that can bus that gives all kinds of data to really let you know what is going on frame by frame

The plug-ins are scrambled with a python (.egg) scheme too complicated for my brain
Yep I was after the dbc files from the plugins, got as far as decompiling the exe before realising the main plugins get downloaded after login.
Apparently it's possible to decrypt them if the machine is running toolbox and logged in.

Yep I was after the dbc files from the plugins, got as far as decompiling the exe before realising the main plugins get downloaded after login.
Apparently it's possible to decrypt them if the machine is running toolbox and logged in.
I have a copy of the plug-ins if you want them there are in the .egg format…I’m pretty sure with new firmware’s 2022 that you need a token to get thru the Ethernet firewall at the Ethernet port

Just using the peak can usb adapter and savvy can I was able to figure out this rear ride height sensor not working properly..the amount of data that's on the can bus is insane
Screenshot 2022-11-09 093337.png
Screenshot 2022-11-09 100015.png
Screenshot 2022-11-09 100538.png

Last edited:
I have a copy of the plug-ins if you want them there are in the .egg format…I’m pretty sure with new firmware’s 2022 that you need a token to get thru the Ethernet firewall at the Ethernet port
I would love them if you don't mind sharing.
I'd extract the uds commands as I have some basic software I'm working on that I was going to open source.
Got some BMS stuff already but these plugins might give me the rest.

I would love them if you don't mind sharing.
I'd extract the uds commands as I have some basic software I'm working on that I was going to open source.
Got some BMS stuff already but these plugins might give me the rest.
The latest version is 2.91 toolboxv2..it still has the 2020 plugins ..they haven't updated anything and a lot of stuff doesn't work on the new firmware's
It says in 2023 toolbox 2 will be terminated and it wont work anymore

Last edited:
The latest version is 2.91 toolboxv2..it still has the 2020 plugins ..they haven't updated anything and a lot of stuff doesn't work on the new firmware's
It says in 2023 toolbox 2 will be terminated and it wont work anymore
Appreciate this, thanks.
Will keep you updated if I manage anything.